|7| Nurse

With unrequited love, it hurts at first, but then, it becomes natural

With unrequited love, it hurts at first, but then, it becomes natural. The fact is accepted, and you live it.

(Y/N) prayed that Tsukishima really wouldn't be an asshole and reject her. She didn't want Himura to know the pain of drowning in love.

She didn't want that to be the last thing she saw of Himura. She didn't want Himura to be broken by her own heart.

~*~*~*~

"Oi, Saltyshima, give Yoru-chan part of your lunch."

"Why would I do that?"

(Y/N) pointed to the empty desk in front of Himura.  "She forgot her lunch at home and has no money on her to go get something from the vending machine."

"Why not you?" Tsukishima countered.  "You're her best friend.  You really shouldn't be leaving her out to dry like this."

"I know for a fact that Yoru-chan hates tuna, and she could eat my rice.  But, she can't just have rice; after all, 'One does not live on rice alone.'"

"That's not even the correct saying, dumbass."

"How am I supposed to know?  That's how I remember it."

"Your memory obviously needs to be checked out."

"Oh, haha, you're so funny.  Now, can you please give her some of your meat?"  (Y/N) gave Tsukishima the largest fake puppy eyes to which the blond turned away with the click of his tongue.

"You're so annoying.  I don't even know how I've put up with it this long."

"This long?! It's only been like a month since school started.  We haven't even had summer break yet!"

Yamaguchi couldn't control himself any longer and started to laugh uncontrollably.  "Sorry, Tsukki, but the two of you bicker like a married couple."

"Huh?!" the two arguing both said at the same time.  "No, we don't!  Stop it!"  The synchronic way of speaking definitely did not help their case.  The two glared at each other with a slight blush gracing their cheeks. 

"I swear, Ichigo, I'm going to kick your ass if this keeps up," Tsukishima said.

(Y/N) scoffed, "So, you like beating up girls?  You sadist."

"You brought this upon yourself, so it must mean you enjoy the pain.  You're the sick one."

Himura abruptly stood up.  (Y/N), realizing what she had done, begged with her eyes for forgiveness.  Her best friend couldn't even look at her face.  "I'm... I'm going to the restroom."  Himura rushed out the room.  (Y/N) wanted to grab her hand as she left, but everything happened too fast. 

The (E/C)-eyed girl didn't want to imagine Himura crying.  Her voice when she said that one sentence was breaking, though.  She was on the verge of it.