|20| Morning

"I'm sorry, Kei

"I'm sorry, Kei." Then, he heard a laughter he didn't remember. "Too bad, you're the one who should be sorry. You left me, Kei. You gave up. And, now, you're in love with another woman. Who says you aren't going to run like you did with me?"

'I'm not going to let that happen. It would be the same. This is my life. I decide how this story ends.'

~*~*~*~

(Y/N) could barely move her fingers because she felt so stiff.  What day was it?  What time was it?  Where was she?  She felt so disorganized, but she knew the smell was not the same as her room at home.  Neither was the bed as comfy. 

She couldn't remember what happened.  The last thing she remembered was Tsukishima's warm embrace.  One that just made her want to melt further into his arms.  It made her feel as if she had nothing else to worry about.  She was at home.  Time would freeze. 

If she wasn't sure about it before, (Y/N) was definitely sure now.  That feeling growing in her chest wasn't something for a friend.  She wanted more than that.  She wanted to his.

At bliss, she slowly opened her eyes.  They locked onto the white ceiling.  The room she was in was quiet and dark.  The only sounds were machine whirring and her own assisted breathing.  As she became more aware, the more wires and things she could feel connected to her.  The main thing was the ventilator covering her mouth and nose and the IV in her right arm. 

It was nostalgic.  Being in the hospital like this.  She hated the smell of iodoform, and the room reeked of it.  The stench was just pitiful.  (Y/N) knew the more potent it was, the worse a patient's patient's injuries. 

It was sickly strong.

Her body hurt, and all (Y/N) wanted to do was sleep.  Perhaps it was her breathing machine's steady rhythm, but she felt herself slowly lured into sleep.

~*~*~*~

There was light when she woke again.  Hushed voices were in the corner.  Her ear strained to hear them. 

"Akiteru, come on, you shouldn't be missing this much school," a woman said.

"I'm fine, Okaasan," a male replied.  His voice was laced with annoyance like this wasn't the first time they had that conversation.  "Seriously, the school understands the situation, and Otousan agrees with me that this most important.  You have to work more than ever.  Hospital fees aren't cheap.  School can wait, but this can't.  Stop being blind for once."

The woman sighed.  "I hate how right you are.  I need you here, so you can be the one to be there for him.  This is frustrating.  You're the one that chose to go with him, and I'm still begging you to come back."

"We can't rewrite the past, but we can put our differences aside.  Otousan didn't come down because he knew it would be too much for you.  Right now, I am the only family you have conscious and able to be there.  Don't push that away."