Chapter 23 - Decisions, Decisions

Start from the beginning

Later, we were snuggling on the couch and Minhyuk was listening to some music on his phone. He started singing to me and my heart melted. His voice reached deep inside and held on.

He finished the song and started showing me some of the selcas he had taken of us earlier. I tilted my eyes up to him and whispered, "I love you." He leaned his head down to look at my face. It was time to continue our conversation from the night before.

"And I love you."

"I want so badly to just pack up and leave with you, but it isn't that easy," he smiled and stroked my hair.

"I know I am asking a lot. I would move here, you know I love this town, but that is not an option." He stroked my hair and added, "Jagiya, I don't want you to feel pressured." I smiled at him and touched his perfect face.

"Minhyuk-ah, it is the thing that I want most... to be with you. But I just can't move halfway around the world at the drop of a hat, no matter how much I want to. And we have to be careful about your career. My being there could be problematic for you," I was trying to be smart and level-headed about this and not just jump on the emotion train.

"Take your time, Princess. I will be the most patient man ever. And I know you will make the right decision," he winked at me and I laughed.

Morning came too soon. Each time we said goodbye was harder than the last. Nikki came to drive me home and as soon as he spotted her, Changkyun picked her up and spun her around in the air. He kissed her on the cheek, "hi, Noona," and flashed that devastating smile directly at her. She was bewitched by his charm. I laughed at her and she shot me a look. The others climbed into the vans, but Minhyuk held on to me and gave me one more kiss before he climbed in too. He blew kisses and waved from the window. Tears fell from my eyes as they drove away with my heart.

On the ride home, I told Nikki that he asked me to go to Korea. She said she wasn't surprised. She and I had been together for most of our lives. I think we knew someday it might change, but we never really talked about it.

"I want to go, but I am scared to leave everything I know. It is not like moving to another city or state. It is literally the other side of the world. I won't exactly fit in and finding a job is going to be harder than hard. At least I speak the language, that is a bonus. And of course, I will be with Minhyuk." I was rationalizing both sides and Nikki just let me ramble for a few minutes.

"Sunny." She said my name firmly to get my attention. "Do you love him?"

"With every fiber of my being."

"And you know he loves you. Do you want to be with him?"

"Of course I do, more than anything."

"Do you have anything here holding you back? Don't say me and the kids."

"My job, my apartment... the lease is not up for a few months... Simon..."

"You can find another job. You can terminate your lease if you are leaving the country. Simon can stay with us until you can get him. Your stuff can stay in my basement. You can even sell your car. What else ya got?" I could not think of anything else. Nikki and the kids were my only family, or they had been until recently. "Exactly. That is it. You are free to live your life. For the first time in years, you are free. Don't screw it up. Grab onto this opportunity and don't look back." I looked at her as she navigated traffic. She stopped the car at a red light and turned to look at me. "If you pass this up, I will kill you. Got it? I will flat out kick your ass." She reached over and took my hand, "I will be right here. Bobby and Tori will be right here. If things fall apart, you always have a place to come back to." She winked at me and turned back as the light turned green. "Besides, how else am I going to have any fun without your adventures? You may be free, but I certainly am not!" We laughed and I had to admit, I felt better.