chapter thirty-five

Start from the beginning

We are all so grateful. He is recovering and surprisingly he's doing it a lot faster than we'd expect.

He is a true fighter.

I didn't realize where I was running until I stood at the doorstep of Dylan's house.

I rang his doorbell and he opened it in shock.

He didn't hesitate for a second to pull me inside. The whole night I told him everything. He was beyond annoyed at Jax. I wanted him not to be but he would just cut me off.

Dylan watched me cry over and over again. We stopped talking about the situation and went on to talking about Tara.

How beautiful and smart she was. How kind she was to everybody. She had such an amazing and pure heart. She hid her sadness so good.

I was the last person she talk to when she committed. I should've known. It was all in her words.

"If anything happens to me, please make sure to take care of my parents for me."

"Stop Tara, nothing is going to happen to you."

"Just promise me?"

"I promise."

I miss her every day. There's never one day where I don't think about her.

"Please Journey, take your food

"Please Journey, take your food." I placed the food in front of her on the high chair.

"Mama!" She cried.

"Mama isn't here right now okay? Please eat." I begged.

She continued to cry. She picks up her bowl of food and throws it onto the ground.

It's been hard without Brynn. Every morning Brynn used to come over and help out with breakfast and dressed Journey.

My mom usually left earlier for work but she's been staying behind to help out with Journey.

Every time Journey came into my room she'd look around for Brynn and when she realized Brynn wasn't there she'd cry.

She cried herself to sleep one night. It broke my heart.

"Journey!" I yelled causing her to jump.

She pouts her lips out and starts crying again.

"What's going on?" My mom asks coming down the stairs.

"Journey won't eat. She wants Brynn."

"Can you get ahold of her?"

"No mom, I can't." I bend down to pick up the mess.

"I wouldn't blame her." She mumbles under her breath. "I'll feed Journey, you can go to school after you clean that up."

"Mom?"

"Hmm?" She hummed out.

"Are you mad at me?"

She frowns and hugs me. "No, I'm just disappointed."

I nod. I'm disappointed in myself too.

School hasn't been the most fun for me. Brynn did everything she could to avoid me. I've walked up to her a couple of times but she'd walk past me pretending she didn't hear me.

Dylan hasn't been talkative either. He still sits with Kian and me during lunch but he would just avoid talking directly at me.

Kylie and Kyle send me a glare every chance they got.

Even if Brynn and I weren't together anymore I would still admire her.

She is beautiful even with her black eye.

I just want to know who did that to her badly. I knew it couldn't be Blair or Paris because they can barely throw a punch.

Can you even imagine one of them winning a fight against Brynn? I sure can't.

I just wanted to hold her. Be with her.

I'm such a fuck up.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

published: october 28th, 2020

Disclaimer: Some of the things in this book that I've written can be unrealistic and I so get that. I started writing this book when I was 16 and since then I've learned a lot more and educated myself. Please forgive me if some of my older chapters were unrealistic. I'd love to go back and re-write it but if I do it'll just be worst than what it is now but still thanks for continuing to read.

Also the comments on my last chapter are fucking hilarious lmaooo. You guys are comedians, I love it.

I hope you guys are doing well, you should gimmie an update on your life too :)

Anyways enjoy your week! Thank you so so machhhh for over 300k reads and almost 700 followers!!!!! I'm so grateful for everybody who's staying tuned and waiting on my updates!!