chapter thirty-five

I fluttered my eyes open rubbing it roughly before realizing

I fluttered my eyes open rubbing it roughly before realizing... I had a very painful black eye.

"FUCK!"

"SHIT SHIT SHITTTT." I yelped tearing up.

"What happened!?" Levi runs into the room frantically holding a...

Plastic spoon?

"Nothing, I forgot I had a black eye and I rubbed it hard." I stuck my bottom lip out.

"Oh, baby." He sticks his bottom lip out. He comes to sit next to me on the bed. "You still look beautiful."

"Well I am your child so of course, you'd say that." I laughed.

"Hey, I don't lie. We all know that." He puts one hand over my shoulder pulling me into a warm hug.

"Why did it have to be you!?" He cries. I feel little droplets hit my forehead and slide down my face.

This man is crying once again.

"It's okay dad. I'm fine now."

"No, it's unfair." He embraces me tighter. Issac comes into the room, his smile turns into a frown.

"Now what did you do to make your dad cry?" He asks.

"My black eye," I responded chuckling.

"When I catch that scrawny dickhead, I'm gonna beat him down to the pulp and—"

"Honey, that's enough. You can trash talk him later." Levi says sniffling.

"You have to get ready for school. Breakfast will be ready in 10 minutes." He hands me the plastic spoon, wipes his tears, and then walks out of my room.

"Where does he get all of those tears from?" I mumbled asking myself.

"I don't even know." Issac shakes his head before walking out of my room closing the door.

Today was Friday thankfully. It's been a week or two I haven't been keeping track lately. I miss Journey more than anything in the world right now.

Kylie and I have been hanging out with each other every day after school. She wants me to keep my mind off of Journey but how could I?

Journey, a little baby made such a huge impact on my life. She made me get a feel of what it was like to be a mom. She even called me her mom.

I was mad the day I stormed out of Jax's house. I mean who wouldn't. As I was walking some dude tried cat-calling me but I was beyond pissed.

Eventually, he put his hands on me, hit me a couple of times but Issac had taught me self-defense a couple of weeks back so I fought him off and ran.

I ran but I didn't have anywhere to go. I didn't want to come home and be surrounded with questions, the twins were with their grandparents and Rex is resting from his surgery that he had gotten. The doctors successfully removed his tumor.