chapter twenty-six

"I swear on everything I love if you touch my bacon I will cut you limb from limb and then feed you to those wolves!" I slapped Taylor

"Don't be swearing on anything Sky," Issac says.

"Touch my bacon and I'll stab you in your baby maker." I threatened.

Taylor nods obviously scared and I continue eating happily.

"Tonight we're having dinner with Jackie Monroe so whatever you do come back by 6!" Levi says walking out of the door.

"Why are we having dinner with her?" Taylor asks nicely.

"She got a promotion and she wanted to celebrate." Issac says and we both said 'ohhhhh'

After we finished eating breakfast I went upstairs to grab Kai and Aria while Taylor grabbed Dakota.

I handed Aria to Issac and we fed the babies their bottles.

Kai has the brightest blue eyes out of the three.

I see Rex walk out of his house. He spots me and we make eye contact before I looked back to Kai who was finished with his bottle.

He walks over and stops in front of me.

"I'm sorry." He says.

"For what?" I spit.

"For what I did last night—"

"Rex nothing that you will say will change the fact that you sided with the girl that I dislike the most and you put your hands on me for the wrong reason. It's like I barely know who you are now." I said. He slowly looks down.

"Listen I'm sorry and I wish I could tell you why I was doing this but it-- I just can't. 

"What's so bad that you can't tell us?" I asked.

"I can't say." He whispers.

"Or you don't want to." I snapped and he looks up at me with guilt in his eyes.

"I gotta go." He jogs away. Nope, there is something wrong with him and I'm gonna find out soon.

I walk back inside the house and put Kai down for a nap.

I texted Rex's sister Lilia. She was a girl version of him. They looked so much alike. She was a year younger than Claire.

B: Hi Lilia it's Brynneyyy

She lives calling me Brynney. Only she could call me that and no one else.

L: Hey Brynney! What's up?
B: Is there something wrong with Rex?
L: What do you mean?
B: He's been acting strange. I mean we aren't friends anymore but I'm still worried about him.
L: Oh. Brynney that's not my place to tell you.
B: I asked him but he won't tell me.
L: Give him some more time Brynney. He will tell you soon.
B: Okay I'll wait
L: Good. Come over tonight for dinner.
B: Rex and I aren't on good terms.
L: But you and I are right?
B: Yeah lmao. How about tomorrow? I have to go to my dad's best friend's house.
L: Good. Don't forget.
B: I won't.

I'm just gonna hang out in my room until it was time to get ready.

When I say hang out I meant to take a nap.

I woke up at 5 and got in the shower.

I loved showers just not when I'm lazy to take one. I still take it though because this girl doesn't like feeling sticky or stinky. It's gross.

I got out and picked a very simple and classy dress.

 I paired it with a pair of sandals and went downstairs

"Brynn, can you take Aria?" Issac asks and I nod taking her and then putting her in her car seat.

I buckled her in and then helped Issac buckle all the babies' car seats in the car.

Levi and Issac went first and then Taylor and I followed in my car.

Once we got there I picked up Kai because he was lowkey my favorite.

I went to ring the doorbell but before I could Ms. Moore already opened it.

"The babies! Gimme the babies!" She said holding out her arm. She looked at Kai and I shook my head no.

He's mine lady!

"Brynnley give her Kai." Levi says.

"Kai can go last. Give her Dakota." I said moving all the way back behind all of them.

I was addicted to babies. Give me a baby and I promise you I'll be attached to him or her for the rest of my life.

We come inside and Ms. Moore stares at me.

"Okay fine." I handed her Kai and she smiles instantly.

I take Dakota from Levi and held him.

"You're gonna be the shy one. Your sister is gonna kick butt and your brother is gonna kick even more butt." I whispered. He smiles and so do I.

"Bee!" I turned and looked at the stair case to see Journey and Jax.

"Hey princess." Once she's finished her way down she wobbled to me and I kneeled down and gave her a hug.

She stares at Dakota and you could see her frown.

"No." She pushes Dakota. Not very rough but gently.

"What's wrong?"

"No." She pushed Dakota and jumps on me.

I nod my head towards Taylor to get Dakota.

"Little Journey is jelly," Jax says.

"Come here." I picked her up.

She giggles and laughs.

Well, ain't she something.

We go into the kitchen to eat and talk about random things. I played with Journey the whole time. If I tried to walk away she would throw a temper tantrum and Jax couldn't even call her down because she wanted me.

I felt like a mom. I liked that feeling.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

published: september 9th, 2020

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. I love you!