chapter sixteen

I walked into his room and Jax was now shirtless and had basketball shorts on

"You don't have a problem with me being shirtless right?" He smirks. Oh, the devil.

"You're asking the girl who was with you for two weeks while you were half-naked." I rolled my eyes and sat down in front of him.

"Right. Do you miss staying here with me?" He wiggles his eyebrows.

"Maybe, maybe not."

"Deep down, you know you want to cuddle with me right now." He nudged my side playfully.

"Deep down, I'm thinking about kidnapping Journey and taking her home with me," I told him.

"You can't have her."

"Who's gonna stop me?" I raised an eyebrow and leaned in closer to him.

"Me." He leaned in closer. He glances down at my lips and he licks his.

We started leaning closer and closer.

"SURPRISE BUD—- OH SHIT!" A very recognizable voice says. Damn you Kian.

"Nice job cockblocker." Dylan hits the back of Kian's head.

"I didn't know!" Kian groaned.

They came in and Dylan sat next to me while Kian sits across from me.

"What are you kids doing?" Kian asks with a big smile on his face.

"Spanish," Jax says with an annoyed face.

"Is he getting better?" Dylan asks me.

"Of course. After all, I am his tutor." I grinned playfully.

"Yeah, yeah." Jax smiles.

"Start a conversation," Dylan says to Jax.

"Hola! ¿como estas?"

"Muy bien y tú" Kian says chewing on an oreo.

"Bueno, adios." Such a mood.

"Well then." Kian says while his mouth full spitting cookie crumbs at me in the process.

My phone starts vibrating and I see that it's Kyla calling me.

"Hey, auntie!" I said.

"Oh my god! Mrs. Reed?" Kian snatches my phone away and starts telling her how Jax and I almost kissed.

I take my phone back and glared at him. He puts my phone on speaker. "Wassup."

"You and Jax almost kissed?" I can sense that she's smirking.

"Kyla."

"Okay fine. Sorry. The surrogate is in the hospital because she felt water dripping and we think there is a possibility she could go into labor tonight."

"Do you need me at the hospital?" I start putting my books away while Kian kept taking them back out.

"What do you think?"

"Is my dad crying?"

"Hold on." I hear her walking somewhere and then handing the phone to someone else.

"Bebe." I heard Levi's voice.

"Yes?"

"Estoy tan feliz que no puedo dejar de llorar (I'm so happy I can't stop crying)" He says and then starts sniffling again.

"Oh boy. Okay I'm coming. Tell Taylor to come get me please." I slap Kian who was currently unpacking my backpack.

"Hurry because I don't think I have enough tissues left." She says.

"Okay. Give me 20 minutes." I told her and then kicked Kian because he was now unpacking my duffle bag.

"Okay. Be safe sugar butt." She hangs up and I put my phone away.

I tackled Kian and punched him. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"What are you talking about?"

"You unpacking my shit. Did you not hear? I have to gooo. Now help me put my shit back." I hit him again.

The boys help me clean up and then they all walked downstairs with me.

"I found the cookies!" Kian says pulling a bag of cookies out of my duffle bag. "You know for an athlete you're not suppose to have junk food."

"Says the football player." I rolled my eyes.

"Shush, I deserved this cookie." He starts eating the cookies.

I hear Taylor pull up and I gave Dylan and Kian hugs while Jax walks me out to the end of his driveway.

"Maybe you should give me that kiss." He says.

"I don't know. Maybe next time." I patted his chest. I turned around to get into the car but he pulls me back and his lips land on mine.

We stay like that for a good thirty seconds before pulling away.

"Hm, that was actually pretty smooth." I told him and he just winks.

"Text me what you're gonna wear tomorrow. You're my twin for the day." He told me with a grin.

"How'd you know?"

"Kyle told me."

"Alright. Goodnight."

"Goodnight princess." He winks before walking back into his house.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

published: june 17th, 2020

So I recently hit 400 followers a week ago or a couple days ago I can't remember but I'm so thankful for every single person who has followed me.

Also thank you for all the love this book has been receiving, we're at 41k reads which is close to 50k which is close to 100k. 

The final thing I wanna say is please please keep doing everything you possibly can to support the black lives matter movement. Please continue to donate and sign petitions whenever you see one. There is a link in my bio that you can click to find ways to support the movement.

I luh you all, be careful and stay safe.