Chapter 52 - War Never Changes PT.2

"(Y/n) be careful. Here do you need any help." Tenten tried help me off the ground but I refused and pulled myself back up.

"(Y/n), take it easy please."

Choji laughed. "Ino, since we've known (y/n) when has he ever taken it easy."

"..." without saying a word, I quickly hobbled my way  past Ino, Tenten, and Choji, before Shikamaru grabs me by my shoulder.

"Slow down (y/n), we'll move out in a moment." Shikamaru puts his hand behind his head. "Man I knew this was going to be a drag."

"Everything is a drag to you." I jokingly laugh.

"How much further do we have to go anyways?" Choji asked.

"About a hundred more miles." Ino responded.

I finally yield to Shikamaru and the others and rested for a minute.

"Alright guys! We're moving out!" Tenten yells to the squad of Ninja Darui sent with us.

"Shikamaru, is it just me, or does a few of those ninja seem a little off." I say as we watch squadron of ninja, lead by Choji and Tenten pass us.

"No, they seem normal, I mean I don't know over half of them so I really couldn't say what normal for them is. Maybe Ino noticed something."

"Well did you?" I asked taking her by surprise since she wasn't paying attention to us.

After regaining her composure, she spoke. "No, like Shikamaru said, They seem pretty normal to me. Why? Do you think something seems odd about them?" She looks directly into my eyes for a second and quickly looks away.

"I can't put my finger on it, but something just doesn't feel right about some of them." I start to walk but start to slip, but Ino catches me. "T-thanks Ino."

"Don't mention it." She gives me a bright, warm, almost inviting smile. "Just be careful okay."

"Y-yeah I will." I stand back up on my own, and she lets go of my arm. The way she smiles at me, it reminds me of when we were kids...

I was snapped out of my thought by Shikamaru patting my back. "So what's the call, do you wanna investigate your hunch, or should we just continue ahead?"

"It's already night, and because of me we're three hours behind schedule as is, we should just continue, I'm sure it was nothing anyways. Like you said we don't know most of these guys, so how do we know what's normal and what's not." We continue to walk towards headquarters, Choji and Tenten still leading the pack, with Shikamaru, Ino, and I in the rear with Ino helping me walk. After walking for about an hour, I can feel my legs begin to get weak again.

"(Y/n), are you alright?"

"Yeah, Ino." I wince a little as I push myself to continue to walk. "I'm fin..."

"Ah! (Y/n)!" My legs give out, and I collapse to the ground, pulling Ino, who is still holding onto me, to the ground as well. My head hits the ground and I feel all of my senses vanish for a brief moment. When I come to, all I see is black, but I feel something warm and soft on both sides of my face. I reach up and feel something soft and rounded. I try to move it away from my face, but stop when I hear a soft moan in my ear.

I feel my face begin to heat up, and I can already tell my palms are beginning to sweat a little. A-a-am I t-touching Ino's breast?

"Guy's, this isn't the time for groping." I hear Choji's voice call out, followed by a laugh.

Ino quickly jumps to her feet, her face bright red. I slowly pull myself to feet, with a little help from Choji. "Ino, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean t..."