Chapter 13 : A Mess of a Character to Others (2).

Beginne am Anfang

The core of Hyrkan’s plan was not items, but titles.

‘Well, I’m going to have to cover all this with titles.’

Titles!

It was the source of Hyrkan’s confidence.

Titles were very important in Warlord. In all RPG games, it became harder to level up as one went on. It was the same for Warlord. In Warlord, however, as one went on, there were more opportunities to raise one’s stats through titles.

A good title could raise a specific stat by 20 points. This was equivalent to gaining 4 levels. Most titles like this came from boss raids. It was also why guilds were so hell-bent on boos raids.

Even so, no one planned their characters with title hunting in mind. If anyone did, he would be called crazy. To put it bluntly, it was possible to buy items with money, but not titles. It was something players could gain only through game play.

‘I’m crazy, alright. Who in the right mind would do something like this?’

Hyrkan turned off the hologram window.

He was often called crazy before returning to the past. It wasn’t something he would fear.

Plus, it was too late for regrets.

‘I just have to face forward.’

If it was impossible, he just had to make it possible!

That was what Hyrkan had to do.

★★★

Warlord had a rather simple background story.

Fierce monsters began appearing in once a peaceful world, and a war broke out against them. What began was the Warring Era, and the ultimate goal was to become the Emperor of War, the one to put an end to this era!

This was why the game was called Warlord.

Of course, there were various stories the more one researched. The relationship between different kingdoms, heroic tales of minor tribes, ancient ruins, etc. There were many things to invoke the heroic spirit of players.

In such a world, the Subjugation Association was the first thing players came into contact with. As such, the Subjugation Association played a sizable role in the affairs of Warlord.

Monster subjugation was the main objective of the Warlord world. Everything in the game was focused around hunting monsters. There was no way the Subjugation Association, leading monster subjugations, would have little influence. All kingdoms and tribes had a close relationship with the Subjugation Association. Players, who treated the Subjugation Association as just a place to obtain monster hunting quests, would never show outstanding results.

The Subjugation Association gave out stars according to players’ results. The more stars one had, the more important information and quests one received. Some players did business with these quests, the so-called trains*. There were countless players who would pay to get into quests like these. As for quests with good titles as rewards… the money involved was huge. Ordinary people wouldn’t understand why anyone would spend so much money on games.

For the Top 30 Guilds, there was something called the Star Hunter team that solely focused on collecting stars rather than doing raids.

Valuable quests like these were usually given out by NPCs. Usually, players could receive Subjugation Association related quests by going to a Subjugation Association branch located in each castle, then looking through the available quests through their watch. It was like getting Wi-Fi at a coffee shop.