Chapter 9 : Dancing with the Skeletons (2).

Start from the beginning

‘This guy is definitely a loser. If I don’t at least bring him back, that guild master fucker will throw another tantrum.’

Suduri’s guild master was his high school senior, who dragged him around like he was his underling. After hearing the money involved in Warlord, he bought a V-Gear and brought his so-called underlings to make a guild.

It went without saying that there weren’t many in the guild. There were less than ten people. The guild master ordered Suduri to go find new recruits unless he wants to be beaten up. Suduri wouldn’t mind if it was just an online threat, but he was often punched when they met in the real world for a drink.

So to Suduri, anyone was fine. Since he found a loser who seemed to be a pushover, he planned on making him forcefully join his guild.

On the other hand, Hyrkan who became his target sneered at the rat-looking man in front of him.

‘He probably thinks I look like a loser.’

To Hyrkan, this wasn’t the first time this had happened. As such, he could easily figure out what this man was thinking. He had been treated like a loser so much his whole life, that he had more or less grown used to it.

Of course, things were a bit different in Warlord. After he gained some reputation and skill, he beheaded everyone who treated him like a loser and fed their heads to tiger-type monsters nearby. He showed them who the real loser was.

Such a thing wasn’t possible for the level 1 Hyrkan now.

Hyrkan stared at the man.

“What do you want?”

“You’re going to be a magician, right? We’ll support you, so come to our guild.”

Even as he said this, the man refused to let go of Hyrkan’s wrist. There was no way Hyrkan wouldn’t know what his real intention was.

‘Does he take me for a fool?’

In this situation, Hyrkan smiled lightly instead of frowning in displeasure. Seeing his smile, Suduri immediately continued.

“It’s fine no matter what attribute you go for. We’ll properly support you, just you specially. Not everyone can enter our guild, you know? It’s only for the select few.”

The man started spewing nonsense like how Hyrkan had a kind looking face or that his ancestors must have been men of virtue. At this stupidity, Hyrkan asked him a quick question.

“You said any attribute is fine?”

“Of course!”

“Even black magic?”

“Hm?”

At this, Suduri hesitated for the first time. Over 90 percent of magicians chose white magic, as it had the most diverse options in terms of magic attributes. On the other hand, black magic skill trees were all categorized into a single attribute.

“Are you looking to be a curse magician?”

Among those choosing black magic, almost all went down the curse skill tree.

Debuff magic had many varieties. Black magician’s debuff magic had a single attribute, which was its advantage. Although they weren’t particularly advantageous in terms of attribute compatibility, they weren’t disadvantageous either. This meant one could expect average results no matter what monster one faced. As mid and small sized guilds couldn’t afford to acquire debuff magicians of various attributes, many covered their needs with curse magic.

However, curse magicians weren’t popular as they couldn’t do anything by themselves. As was the case in all games, it wasn’t much fun to stay in the back casting buffs without actually participating in the battle.