Chapter 4 : A Class You Can Play Alone (2).

Start from the beginning

‘If you were going to send me back, why not a year more…’

Unfortunately, Warlord had already begun its service 10 months ago.

If An Jaehyun had gone back one more year like he wished, he wouldn’t have any big concerns.

In any case, he had to face the current situation. Truthfully, he was thankful. Wishing for more would be too greedy.

‘The gap is huge.’

10 months weren’t a small difference. In fact, it was anything but small.

Warlord released its top 100 rankings weekly, but rankers didn’t refer to just these top 100. Although true rankers were those on this list, one could be called a ranker if one’s level was above a certain standard based on the top 100 rankers.

The competition was fierce within the top ranking players. Only the names of top 100 rankers were displayed, and the money one could get from contracts by being a top 100 ranker were vastly different. Warlord’s rule of thumb was that every time the front digit of a rank changed, the front digit of a contract payment changed.

Anyways, what was important was that almost all rankers started playing within the first one month of service.

‘5 months was it? Super Rookie Myojyo, I think he started the latest out of the rankers.’

In this area, a Polish player called Myojyo made a name for himself.

He started Warlord exactly 144 days after its launch and managed to enter the top 100 in 2038, on Warlord’s 4th year of service.

This meant it took him close to 3 years to bridge the gap with the Starters.

Myojyo’s play time was freakishly high as well. Most rankers played about 100 hours per week. The Rule of 100. The standard was to invest 100 hours to playing every week. 110 hours meant a 10% higher result, 90 hours meant a 10% lower result. This was Warlord’s Rule of 100.

In Myojyo’s case, his average weekly play time was 130 hours. Normal people weren’t able to play for so long. Warlord required high amount of concentration, and loss of concentration meant death. In addition, death meant 48 hours of downtime. It was clearly better to sleep 8 hours for a good rest than getting 6 hours of sleep and dying because of it. Regardless, Myojyo managed to reach the top 100, and he was given the nickname Super Rookie.

But what if there was a difference of 10 months?

‘I don’t know about the titles that have already come out, but I know all the titles that will come out in the future. If I can monopolize them, I can cover this gap.’

It would normally be impossible to bridge such a gap.

But it was possible for An Jaehyun, who returned to the past with all his memories.

Warlord has a title system. If a player achieved something no other players had, or if the player was the first to discover something, or if the player accomplished a monumental feat, he was given titles. They had a simple function – to permanently raise the player’s stats.

It was a system for those in lead.

In most games, the ones who started later had more advantage, at least in terms of time efficiency. They just had to pick and follow a path other had toiled through. It was fair for the pioneers to receive some benefit, and that benefit was the title system.

There were no information on titles whatsoever. Players had to find them out for themselves by playing the game.

However, the current An Jaehyun was full of title-related knowledge.