The strings detach.

All faces is the room were tear stricken. Everybody was in tears. Siddharth and Kushal were so numb, so dead emotionally that they didn't even realize that they were sitting on their knees, weeping badly.
How could they?
How could they do such an insensitive act?
How? How? How?

Was the only question revolving around their head. It felt like the whole environment of the house screamed DISGUST towards them. No energy was left. Their brain had stopped working. The sobs of Shehnaaz subsided while Mrunal's head was spinning.
Shehnaaz wiped her face and said,

"You know, We still feel guilty for leaving him and going out of town. Aaj tak wo guilt dil me hai ki hum use kabhi justice nahi dila paye.

Aaj bhi khoon kholta hai jab us din, us raat aur us saal ki baat karte hai.

Aaj bhi aisa lagta hai ki un do gunhegaroo ko apne haath se maar ke unki jaan lelu.

Aaj bhi aisa lagta hai ki Kunal ke ghar walo ko jaake chaar chate maar ke ye sunau ki Kunal ek ladke se pyaar karta tha to wo uski galti ya phir uska paap nahi tha.

Aaj bhi lagta hai ki kaash Kunal jab mumbai vapis aaya tha to hum jaake uske maa baap ko samjhate."
She cried.

Mrunal got up and went towards Shehnaaz and hugged her. Then she looked at Siddharth and Kushal who refused to look up. She decided to tell the later story,

"Kunal ke jaane ke baad uske mummy papa humare ghar aaye the. Bohot roye bohot kosa khudko. Unhe Kunal ke jaane ke baad uski mushkile aur uska dard samajh aaya.
PAR SAMAJHNE KE KYA FAYDA JAB KUNAL DUNIYA ME RAHA HI NAHI.... BOHOT DER HO CHUKI THI.

Uske mummy papa ko aaj bhi lagta hai ki KAASH VO USKE PEETNE KI JAGAH USE GALE LAGA KAR YE KEHTE,

"BETA HUM TUMHARE SAATH HAI. HUME PATA HAI YE SAMAJH TUJHE BOHOT ZAKHM DEGA PAR HUM HUMESHA UN KO BHARNE ME MADAD KARENGE. HUM TERA SAATH HAR TERE HAR DARD ME AUR TERE HAR KHUSHI ME DENGE. TUJHE ADJUST HONE ME TAKLIF HOGI PAR UN TAKLIFO SE LADHNE ME HUM TUJHE SAATH DENGE ."

Uske bhai ko aaj bhi lagta hai ki KAASH WO APNE MAA BAAP KO ROKTA KUNAL KO MARNE SE AUR USE GALE LAGA KE KEHTA,

"KUNAL TU FIKAR MAT KAR. TU JAISA HAI ABHI BHI MERA PYAARA BHAI HAI. MUMMY PAPA KO ME SAMJHADUNGA. MUMMY PAPA KO MAIN BAITH KE BATAUNGA KI TUJHE AGAR LADKE PASAND HAI TO HAI.... UNHE SAMAJHAUNGA....AGAR WO NAHI SAMJHE TO MAIN TERE SAATH MUMBAI AAUNGA AUR HUMESHA TUJHE SUPPORT KARUNGA."

AAJ BHI HUM GUILT ME JEE RAHE HAI KI HUM UN DO GUNHEGAROO KO KABHI USI JAIL ME SADTA HUA NAHI DEKH PAAYE.

TUM DONO KO DEKH KE LAGA SHAYAD KUNAL KA SAHI TARAH SE SAATH NAHI DE PAAYE PAR TUMHARA TO DE SAKTA HAI. LAGA SHAYAD HUME DUSRA MAUKA MIL GAYA HO. ISILIYE TUM DONO PE BHAROSA KIYA THA. TUMHE TENANTS RAKHA THA."

She took a long pause after saying this. Kushal looked at her and something struck her.

"Ek baar apne mumma ke baare me to sochte. Tumne unse bhi jhooth bola? Tumhe andaza bhi hai ki tumhari ma tumnse kitna pyaar karti hai?
Unhone tera ye jhooth tak maan liya tha Kushal. Apni mumma ko to sach bata deta."

Kushal had nothing to say.

"Tumhe Pata hai Kushal, Kunal ke Mumma jaisi na jane kitni aur Ma hoti hai jo apne baccheke jaane ke baad pachtati hai ki unhone apne bacche ka saath kyu nahi diya.
Roz khudko kosti hai ki kaash vo apne beta ya beti ko accept karte.
Tumhare Mumma ne to tumhe samjha tha Kushal. Vo tumhare har jhooth ko sach maanke chal rahi thi.
Kam se kam unke saath to aisa nahi karna chahiye tha."
She said it as a whisper as her voice barely came out through her mouth.
Mrunal had already been through a lot emotionally.

Kunal's demise had made both of them depressed for months. They could not digest all of that together. The fact that Kunal never got justice always pricked them, every time. They even tried filing a case against the monsters who harassed Kunal but it was taken as a joke. But they created a big fat scene saying that people who safeguard other people are being questioned and many more. Mrunal and Shehnaaz were literally taunted. They tried multiple times but no one helped them.

Emotionally drained, they decided to move out from that city which took away Kunal and gave them nightmares. Then they got the job in DIVA MAGAZINE and finally they moved away from that trauma. But in these years They forgot those memories but they never forgot Kunal. The guilt of not being able to help him, the guilt of not getting justice to him, the guilt of not fighting still grips their hearts. And this whole scene of Kushal and Siddharth pretending made them numb.

Siddharth and Kushal knew the seriousness of this topic but Kunal's story made them think deep in the topic. They had no intention to make fun of this topic but unknowingly, they ended up making fun of it. Both of them were grossed out by themselves. This pretense would do so much....they had no idea.

They were so ashamed that their gaze was not ready to leave the floor and tears were not ready to stop spilling from their eyes. So disgusted by themselves, they had no guts to even look at the girls or even say sorry. How will they say sorry? What they had done deserved no apology.

"We don't want to hear anything. in fact i don't even want to see your faces."
Shehnaaz said coldly

Mrunal looked up to see the most jovial faces turned into the most lifeless one. Kushal looked at her but she diverted her gaze. Wiping her tears and closing her eyes for a moment, Mrunal looked up. Her eyes had a different glint. They showed determination and were cold....dangerously cold.

"GET OUT" she said in a normal but hoarse voice.
Siddharth and Kushal looked at her.

"GET THE FUCK OUT" she repeated again.

Siddharth and Kushal were just numb. Nothing was processing in their brains. It felt like they are hearing but not understanding.

"ARE YOU NOT UNDERSTANDING WHAT I AM SAYING?
OR ARE YOU STILL PRETENDING?
GET. OUT. OF. OUR. HOUSE."
She shouted.

Siddharth and Kushal were still in the same position. They didn't know how to react. Their body was not supporting them neither were their brains. The tension in the string binding Mrunal's patience was now increasing. She waited for a minute or two and that string broke loose.

She got up held Kushal harshly by his arm and shouted,

"SUNAI NAHI DIYA? GET UP AND GET LOST FROM HERE..."
She made him stand up but Kushal lost his balance but somehow managed. She did the same with Siddharth and he stood up.

"ACTING HO GAYI YA AUR KARNI HAI?
CHUTIYA BANAKE HO GAYA HAI YA AUR BANANA BAKI?
AGAR BAKI HAI TO ABHI BANALO BAAD ME SHAKAL MAT DIKHANA APNI MUJHE."

Her voice hoarsen due to continuous crying and shouting. She took long steps and held Kushal's arm, dragging him towards the door. Kushal did not resist. He knew he deserved this.

Shehnaaz got up and ran towards them. She freed Kushal from Mrunal's hold. Shehnaaz made Mrunal sit on the sofa. She looked at Siddharth and Kushal whose heads were hanging down and said,

"I HAVE NO MORE ENERGY TO SHOUT, EXPLAIN OR ARGUE. IT WILL BE BETTER IF YOU BOTH MOVE OUT. PLEASE...JUST LEAVE. WE DON'T NEED ANY OF YOU HERE. JUST GO."
She said in very dull and pleading voice.

Shehnaaz held Mrunal's hand, made her get up and took her to her room and shut the door, locking it.

Siddharth and Kushal were just starting at their retreating figures and a few more tears left their eyes.

--------------------------------------------
What will happen next?
STAY TUNED TO FIND OUT.....

-kuhu🖤