The Aftershocks.

"OH SHITTTT!!" They gasped in sheer horror. Every pair of eyes were glued to them. The level of embarrassment was extreme. Their hearts stopped for a minute and a gasp left their mouth as the artist fainted. Perhaps he couldn't absorb the fact that his hardworking of two whole years was shattered into pieces with just a goddamn cork. A price of soft and porus wood? The shock was very strong for him to handle. Amidst of all this, Kushal extended his right hand, took one French Fry and dipped it in the mix. Slipping it sneakily in his mouth he moaned in delight. The taste of that French fry gave him a release from anxiety. He did thas three more times, each time moaning at the delicious taste, annoying Mrunal to a high point. He was about to do that again when Mrunal shouted at him,

"Tu pagal hai Kushal?" Her voice resonated in the crowded restaurant as if it was empty.

"Kya hua ab?" Kushal asked irritated. Can't he eat the fry he ordered? Why does she always do this?

"Idhar humare la*** lage pade hai aur tu khana thoos raha hai?" Mrunal cursed again. Mrunal never cursed but when she did, it was out of hand!

"Abe pagal thoos nahi raha hu....STRESS-EATING kar raha hu..." Kushal threw a fact at her. Kushal had the habit of stress anxiety. He would always be found munching on junk food at midnight whenever he was stressed. Perhaps the food gave him the dopamine release he needed!

Mrunal's temper shot another high and she was about to shout back at him when Siddharth interrupted them, "*Shut up Mrunal and Kushal keep that fucking fry down or else you will find it up in your assho..." he wass interrupted by someone in the crowd giggling.

"Abe ch***yon, kuch socho....Ab kya kare? Maine ek ek thappad jadd dena hai tum teeno ko." Shehnaaz shut them up. Their "very important conversation" was broken by the very angry host,

"Excuse me ladies and gentleman." The host said grabbing everyone's attention. "Would you people please explain us the reason of this mishap." Host asked with a calmness in his voice. Maybe he was trained from his past experiences on how to handle these awkward and horrible situations.

"We are really sorry...Actually we all got in a fight and the champagne bottle got hit and the cork went straight up to the sculpture and the rest you guys know." Shehnaaz fumbled like a little kid fumbles during a speech competition and Siddharth couldn't hold back his laughter. This irked the host further but yet again, he was calm.

"The donation we were going to get by this auction was going to be given to the Children's Welfare Organization and since you guys not only Messed up the Auction event but also have destroyed the Sculpture; You guys have to pay for the Last Auction Amount as well as the fine of breaking the Sculpture." Host said in his one breath and they gasped. Last Auction Amount plus Fine? That would make them go broke. Who new one mistake would lead to them getting broke? But they had no option but to agree and by the end of that dinner, the money in their bank account was as low as their self esteem.

***

"Dekha tum logo ne apne jhagde ka natija? Kangal kardiya tum logo ne hume...Hayyee Barbaad ho gaye, loot gaye! Kassam lage!" Shehnaaz exasperated as they walked down the lane. Because one more bill and they would get bankrupt!

"Abe nautanki! Chup!" Siddharth said smacking Shehnaaz's head and she pouted rubbing her head. "Aur vaise bhi ye sab uski galti hai kya jarurat hai har baar Chulbul Panday ban ke collar pakadne ki?" Siddharth taunted Kushal.

"Accha to meri galti hai? Ha tu to Sajjan aadmi hai na..." Kushal exasperated. He was done now. He needed to tell them what all he went through.

"Saale pata hai kitna dimaag ka bheja fry ho gaya tha us din? Aunty ke che bags aur unki doston ke teen bags uthake halat kharab ho gayi thi meri. Upar se khane ke paise bhi maine khud bhare. Phir mujhe disco leke gaye tab pata chala saala ye to Aunty ki KITTY PARTY hai! Are you kidding me? Bc waiter samajh ke mujhe kabhi Burger lane bol rahe the, kabhi pizza lane bol rahe the....Wo meme hai na "Ye Burger kha rahe hai pizza kha rahe hai....o bhai Maro Mujhe Maro"...vaisa lag raha tha mujhe.