Oh The Drama!

"Ha aunty..... aapne hi kaha na BHAGWAAN SAB ACCHE  KE LIYE HI KARTA HAI...." Mrunal joined in. After all the "couple" needed to be accepted and have a beautiful life!

"Aunty, Aap hi Socho..... Agar Kushal Ne Aapki Khushi Ke Liye Apne Baare Me Itna Bada Jooth Bola, Apne Life Ka Sabse Important Hissa Chupa ke Rakha, To Kya App Uski Khushi Ke Liye Ek Sach Nahi Maan Sakti?" Shehnaaz asked, leaving a huge mark on Mumma's heart.

"Ha Aunty humne usse pucha tha, usne aap ko, Siddharth aur uske baare me bataya kyu nahi... To usne kaha, usse dar lag raha tha ki aap kaise react karengi, aapko kya lagega....
Usne ek baar bhi apne khushi ke baare me nahi socha....
Vo aapse bohot pyaar karta hai Aunty...." Mrunal said melting down Mumma's heart like a mere candle. The girls left the room to fetch some water but no before leaving Mumma in deep thoughts.

***

T

he next day wasn't that good either. Shehnaaz and Mrunal were shocked by their departments by the new of redesigning the magazine in one week. The whole control and responsibility of redesigning the magazine was put upon Shehnaaz while the production of the redesigned magazine was put up on Mrunal. Already the week had been going terrible and this huge responsibility on their shoulders made it worst.

Shehnaaz and Mrunal were in a real problem. Redesigning and production of the magazine in just two weeks was almost impossible. It needed so much of planning, plotting, division of work and so many other things! It felt heavy on their shoulders. But they had no other option but to do it. Submerged in the deep pool of pressure and responsibilities, they headed back home.

***

Here, back at Rossbell Wood, Siddharth and Kushal had off, they did work for Styles magazine but were not in any contract. They could work for press and even other magazines as well. Thwy were basically a part of firm which worked independently. They were given assignments and tasks to complete and rest of the time to enjoy. But working for the firm was not that easy. They had to maintain their caliber and make sure they don't lose their jobs. The pressure of deadlines was on them as well but pretty low. Kushal and Siddharth had completed their task for a press and it was time to rest before they get another work. Siddharth was in the gym, exercising every muscle of his body while Kushal had a cheat day as he sat in his room with chips and web series to watch.

Girls arrived home home when they noticed a strange behavior of Mumma and Aunty. They ignored it as they already had a lot to focus on. As they thumped on the sofa, exhausted, the doorbell screeched yet again.
Shehnaaz was about to get up when she saw Mumma with a Puja thali which had Diya, Kumkum, raw rice while Aunty played the background music of Kabhi Kushi Kabhi Ghum making everyone in the room shock.

Mumma opened the door and found Siddharth in his gym shorts and headphones on. Siddharth had a good workout and was looking to get back home asap and take a cold shower bath. As soon as he rang the bell, the door opened with Mumma standing there to welcome him with the auspicious thali. He looked up to see Mumma who had adoration in her eyes. Mumma dipped her ring finger in the Kum-Kum and places it in between Siddharth's eyebrows making a Tilak. Siddharth was confused to death. She then places the Kalash filled with raw rice and asks Siddharth to touch it slightly with his right leg so that it falls, indicating the arrival of auspicious and positive energy.

Kushal came out of room and witnessed one of the most unwanted sight and ran towards the door. He hurriedly picked up the kalash and shouted at the top of his voice," Mumma Aap KYA KAR RAHE HO?"

Mumma smiled and held Siddharth's hand, making him stand beside  a confused, irritated and angry Kushal.

"Kushal beta, Mujhe maaf kar dena mein tumhare PYAAR ko samajh nahi payi." Mumma said softly, caressing Kushal's cheek.

"Ugh Mumma!" Kushal said pushing her hand away and rolling his eyes.

"Nahi beta.... Kaisi Maa hun mein? Apne hi bete ki khushiya cheen rahi thi, bina use samjhe..." Mumma said as she took out the Kangan from her hands. She placed them in Siddharth's palms and smiled saying,

"Beta, ye humare Khandani Kangan hai. Mein aaj tujhe de rahi hu. Ab sach batau to mujhe nahi pata Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata H....Par jo bhi ho... Mere Kushal ka dhyaan rakhna...TERE HAVALE KARKE JA RAHI HU...BADE NAAZON SE PALA HAI USSE!" Making everyone in the room that is Shehnaaz, Mrunal and Aunty smile in awe. While Siddharth decided to play along!

"Mumma kya bol rahe ho aap? Aur tu be sale? " Kushal asked punching Siddharth's arm slightly.

"Chup ho ja Nalayak!" Mumma yelled at Kushal and continued, "Aur Siddharth beta is saal KARWA CHAUTH ka Wrath jarur rakhna main tujhe Sargi Bhej Dungi.....Ab chal Nalayak (Kushal) Pair chuh."

"Oh Really!!!! Nahi." Kushal affirmed looking away.

"Aise nahi karte Kushal.... Chalo MUMMA ke pair chuo!" Siddharth said softly smiling at Mumma and winked at Kushal who understood his game.

"Isne Mujhe pehli baar MUMMA kaha! Maine tujhe kitna bura bhala kaha aur tune mujhe itni aasani se Maa ka darja de diya? Haye! Nazar na lage mere bacchonko! Ab pair chuoge ya thappad khake manoge?" Mumma asked smiling and Siddharth bent down to touch her feet and Kushal had to it!

"Thank you Shehnaaz Mrunal...Mujhe mere bete se milane ke liye..." Mumma said as she walked towards Shehnaaz and Mrunal, engulfing them in her warm motherly hug which made their eyes moist.

"Kaisi baatein karte ho Aunty! Kuch bhi!" The girls said pulling away from her warmth. They bid a long goodbye to Mumma and Aunty as they both were leaving for London. Kushal and Siddharth smiled at the little bond.

"Mumma chalo aap se baat karni hai aur mein drop bhi kar deta hu aap ko..." Kushal said in a final attempt to reveal the truth to Mumma.

"Nahi nahi beta me Behenji(apni Aunty) ke saath chali jaungi vo bhi aaj ja rahi hai vapis to me unhi ke saath ja rahi hu..." Mumma said picking up her bags.

"Par Mumma...." Siddharth tried to speak but was cut off by Mumma.

"Chup Beth aur meri baat sun, MANA TUJHE LADKIYA PASAND NANI HAI PAR DIKHTI TO HAI NA?" Mumma asked raising her eyebrow.

"Ugh Mumma!! Kya matlab hai aapka?" Kushal asked rolling his eyes at the stupid question.

"Are Nalayko, dono Naraz hai kisi baat se jao dekho kya hua hai unhe aur unki help karo... Main chali jaungi..." she said patting their heads and bid a goodbye.

"Chalo ab late ho raha hai!" Aunty said.

"Ha chalo... Bye Beta, Siddharth khayal rakhna tera aur iska bhi thik hai?" Mumma said as she stood in the lift.

"Ji Mumma...." Siddharth said and the door closed.

"Sale! Bh**** mereko pehele hi laga tha ki tu harami type ka hai aaj yakeen ho gaya." Kushal said as soon as they closed the main door and sat on the sofa.

"Kyu be?" Siddharth asked confused.

"Mumma ne Kangan diye aur sale bhikari tune le liye?" Kushal asked kicking Siddharth's leg.

"Abe mein tujhe dene hi wala tha. Yeh le!" Siddharth said handing the jewelry to Kushal.

"Majje to tune bohot liye na aaj?" Kushal asked after a pause.

"Accha matlab tu Aunty ke samne humari love story batake,yaha rehke majje le raha hai to galat nahi hai!  Par me thoda Mumma ke saath cordial ho jau to mein galat hu?Waaah!
TUM KARO TO RASLEELA HUM KARE TO CHARACTER DHEELA? Hein?" Siddharth asked punching Kushal.

"Chal thike thike.... Ab ye dekhte hai ki in dono ko kya hua hai...'' Kushal said getting up and stretching himself out.

''Tu Shehnaaz ko dekh mein Mrunal ko dekhta hu?" Siddharth said. Though he wanted to look what happened to Shehnaaz, he didn't wanted his care towards her seem obvious. At least not on front of Kushal!

"Nahi bhai.... Vo Shehnaaz mujhe bar bar sasta SRK bulati hai mein nahi ja raha..." Kushal gave an absurd reason and Siddharth picked up the hint!

"Sidha sidha bol na Mrunaaaaallll ke pass jana hai!" Siddharth said, intentionally stretching Mrunaaaall! Just like Kushal calls her.

"Chal be paka mat." Kushal said smiling like a fool and Siddharth grinned!