#27

~Next day~

"I hope they serve us some tasty ramen!" Naruto said as he walked next to me, "I miss it!" I nervously chuckled, "I'm pretty sure they don't serve ramen to a priestess." I said. "What?! Maaan...they're missing out!" Naruto says as he pouts. The three of us walk up the palace stairs, and the fucker of the guard who pushed Naruto into me yesterday was standing in front of the door waiting for us.

"Invitation," he says as he holds out a hand towards me. I glare at him for a moment before taking out the scroll from my pocket and shoving it in his hand. "You got some attitude, little lady," he arrogantly says before opening the scroll, "you should learn to tame yourself. You'll never find a husband like that."

I growled and took a single step towards him before Naruto and Jiraiya held me back again. The guard looks at me again once he finished reading the scroll and drops it to the ground near my feet. "You can pick it up yourself," he said as he got in my face, "laying a hand on a guard can get you killed."

I shove my arms out of Naruto and Jiraiya's grip and stare at the asshole in the eye before smirking. "Oh? My mistake then, sir," I said. Before he could do anything, I bashed my forehead against his own; the guard fell backward and held a hand over the place I head struck him. When he took his hand off, a single tear of blood flowed down his forehead.

"Can't do shit since I didn't use my hands," I said as I looked down at him, smirking with my arms over my chest. I then kicked the scroll back to him, "you can try again unless you want to see first hand what I can do with two feet." The asshole got back up and didn't pick up the scroll; instead, he pulled out a sword and placed it under my chin.

"Someone needs to teach you some manners!" He says as I feel him press it on my neck now. I rolled my eyes and smacked his sword off my neck with one hand, "it's going to take a lot more than a simple threat to change me; you just aren't worth it." I said. Before he could start yelling again, the door slams open, and I see it's the priestess; she doesn't look happy.

"What is happening here?!" She says in a furious tone, "answer me now!" She is now looking at the bitch of a guard. "This girl just attacked me, so I was going to teach her a lesson on how to behave like a proper lady." He says in a completely different tone.

The priestess glares at him, "you teach her?! You and I both know that is not possible! Quit wasting time and pick up her scroll and lead them all inside! Now!" She says before slamming the door shut. I hadn't noticed I was staring at her the whole time until Naruto shook me out of it; I also felt my cheeks a bit warm, well...it was quite astonishing to see her like that...

~At the dinner table~

I sat on the priestess's left-hand side while Naruto sat on my left side as well. The amount of food displayed before us made my mouth drool a bit, "that's...so much food..." Naruto and I said at the same time. We both then hear the priestess lightly giggle, "well, there's plenty more on the way! So please, eat as much as you want!"

"Don't mind if I do!" Naruto says as he grabs a few pieces of chopped grilled eel. Jiraiya was busy talking to the priestess's primary advisor, and Naruto spoke to the combat teacher. I looked back at the food and grabbed a bit of rice, veggies, and chicken breast to put on my plate.

I then tensed up when I felt a hand be placed on my right hand resting on my lap. I slightly look down and see the priestess's hand resting on top of mine! I glance at her a bit and see she's eating like nothing is happening; she must have figured out that I was left-handed. No wonder she made me sit on her left side.

I managed to brush it off for a short while until she started to caress her fingers on top of my hand gently. She then began to intertwine her hand with mine, I panicked a bit and quickly stood up, and everyone was now looking at me with confused stares. "Um...excuse me, I uh...need to use the...uh..bathroom! Yeah, that!" I said.