#32

~Later~

"Nat.....na...!" I could faintly hear someone say, "Hey...! Stay....me...!" I opened my eyes slightly, and my head instantly started to pound in pain, "Natsuna!" I heard Toru say as he looked down at me as he held my shoulders, "oh, thank goodness you're alive!" He then pulls me in for a hug; my body was still weak from whatever just happened to me, so I couldn't hug him back.

"To...ru...?" I said, "what...what happened?" Toru stands up and puts my arm over his shoulders for support, "I don't know myself if I'm honest," he says as he walks, "you suddenly jumped high up in the air, your sclera turned completely black, and blood poured down your eyes." He sits me down, and I rest my back against the pillar behind me, "but it didn't last long," Toru says, "maybe two seconds after you killed all the enemies here, that necklace of yours started to glow an almost blinding blue."

I look down at the crescent moon necklace Lotus gave me; it was pulsing a small white light in the center; it seemed almost alive in a way. I hold it with one hand and gently squeeze it as I smiled down at it softly; Lotus saved me just now. I look around the room and see Toru wasn't joking when he said that I killed every one of the enemy's; they're all lying on the glass floor lifelessly.

I then feel a piece of cloth rub underneath my eyes; Toru is cleaning the blood off me; he's very gentle. "Are you hurt anywhere?" He says as he continues to clean me. "No," I say, "not counting my headache; I'm just tired." We then hear running; when we looked to see who it was, we see it's Kaito. "I found them!" He says as he's panting, "I found your friends and everyone else who is captive!"

Before I could even move, Toru puts his hands on my shoulders and holds me down; he must know I'd be jumping to my feet by the news. "Wait," he says before turning his back to me, "get on my back; I'll carry you there." I feel my face get flushed a bit as I see how broad his shoulders are, but I eventually wrap my arms around his neck and let him hold me up by my legs. Toru walks behind Kaito, and I rest my cheek against his back; as soon as I did that, I feel Toru tense up slightly, and he holds my legs more.

Toru clears his throat, "h-hey," he says, "are you...um...comfortable?" I smile slightly, "yes, thank you," I say. "Hey, how come you've never carried me when I get hurt, Toru?" Kaito says as he looks back at us; Toru tenses up harder. "H-huh?!" He says, "I've carried you! J-Just keep walking, K-Kaito!" I then see the edge of Kaito's lip curl up a bit, "yeah, but not like that! You must do that for people you like." He says as he points at us; Toru stops walking and stares him down, "S-Shut up, Kaito!" He yells out.

I giggle, and Toru turns his head back slightly; I could tell his cheeks were very red, "W-what's so funny?!" He says. I hug his neck more, "nothing," I say, "just, thank you, again." Toru looks at me briefly before walking again, "it's no problem," he says. Kaito then pushes aside a large, heavy, red curtain, and he lets Toru walk in first. The room is brightly lit with a jaded floor; since this space was circular shaped, there were curtains all over the room.

Kaito then runs past us and opens one of the curtains; behind there was a large, black cage, and inside, Jiraiya and Naruto sat there unconscious. Toru got closer and put me down just a foot away from the cage's door; I grip the door bars and yank it off entirely. I enter the cell and squat down in front of both of them; I first check to see if they have a pulse; I sigh in relief when I feel something in both of them.

I then hold a hand up and only stick out two fingers, "release!" I say, but nothing happens. "Release!" I say again, nothing. I feel my eye twitch; although I still suck at genjutsu, I expected to get better by now. "Release!!" I yell out louder, and I get the same result. I hold up my hand and slap them across the face, "RELEASE DAMMIT!" I screamed out as my palm smashes their cheeks.