#7

~Natsuna P.O.V~ 

The next day Kakashi decided that we should all go back to the village for some odd reason. Sasuke also changed overnight, he was edgier and I felt him stare at me sometimes. As if I were an enemy or something. I didn't care. Some people just don't change.

"Natsuna, I need to talk to you," Kakashi said. I put my bag down and started to follow him. "What is it? Did I do something wrong?" He leaned his back on a tree. "No, it's the opposite actually." I gave a blank stare. "Uh, what I do?" He started to explain what I apparently did yesterday when Sasuke and I were doing the rice picking.

"Did I really do all that?" He nodded. "You've been getting hurt too much during this whole mission, so I decided to complete the mission for all of us in my own time. That way you two can go home and rest."

"Oh, thanks Kakashi sensei," I said walking back towards the road and then stopped. "Kakashi Sensei?" I said. "What is it Natsuna?" I slowly looked back at him, "If I'm also a jinchūriki, why am I treated so differently than Naruto?" Kakashi only stared at me without saying a word. "I'll tell you another day. A lot has happened and I just want to get you two back home."  

I felt like I was talking to another wall.

~ A few days later~ 

All three of us walked through the gates of Konoha and not surprising I saw Naruto and Sakura running towards us yelling our names in joy. 

I raised my arm up to wave at them but I was quickly tackled by Naruto. "OHMYGOSHIMISSEDYOUSOMUCHIWASSOSADTOEATRAMENALLALONEBUTNOWYOURBACKSAFEANDSOUNDANDTHATSWHATMATTERS!!!"

That's it, I'm deaf now.

While Naruto was squeezing the life out of me, Sakura was basically drooling again over Sasuke. He literally looked at her for like a millisecond and Sakura fainted.

As I stood up Naruto still had his arms and legs around me. I walked towards Sakura and gently nugged my foot on her hip. "Sakura. He's gone." With those words she sat up like lightning.

"W-wha?! Where did he go?" She said looking up at me. I only stared down at her. "Why are you even after him? Just for his looks? You've got to be kidding me." I said in disappointment.

Sakura's eyes widened in shock since it was coming from me. Sure I showed some disagreement in this to her, but not like this. Even naruto's grip loosened and he fell ass flat on the ground.

"It's not just his looks" Sakura said now looking down at her hands. "There's good in him. I know it, I want to be the person he can lean on when he's down. Or be the person to lend a shoulder so he can cry." I sighed and helped her up. "He went North and then he took a right." I said patting dust off her.

Her eyes brightened again and she gave me a big hug. "Thank you Natsuna!" Sakura said as she started to run after Sasuke. I felt my lips start to curl up a tiny bit. Is that how people act when they truly love someone?

Naruto then yells me back to reality. "Ok!! Ramen is on me this time!" He said while grinning how he usually does. I stared at him for a few seconds before I chuckled. "Sounds like a plan!"

~later~

"Sorry for eating so much ramen. It's been a while since I've had some good food." I say while we both walk down the streets at night. "Nah! Don't worry about it! This is my treat after all!" I sighed in relief. "By the way Natsuna. Did you and Sasuke manage to get along?"

I had to laugh. "Not even in the slightest bit!"

 "Not even in the slightest bit!"

"O-oh....that's a bummer? I think." He said while staring at me. "Honestly, the only times we've actually tolerated each other was when we were attacked. That's about it. Some people just can't get along." I said while I kicked some rocks. I looked up and see we were in front of my apartment complex. I thanked Naruto for everything he did today and ran up the stairs. 

"Pillow, bed, sleep." I repeatedly said before throwing myself on my bed. 

~Next day~ 

Sasuke and I were given a few days off  because of our 'bonding trip.' I decided to walk around the markets to see what I could find something interesting. Half an hour passes of me just staring and walking, until someone bumps on my back. I turn around and see Hinata on the ground rubbing her forehead. 

"You ok Hinata?" I say gently grabbing her arm, lifting her back on her feet. "Y-yes, I'm so sorry for bumping into you. I was just trying to get some ginger, but I can't find any." I raised my eyebrows. "You can't find any? In a stand full market?" She started to get red. "I.....can't reach them.." 

"C'mon. Show me where you saw some." I said letting her get in front of me. She quickly started to get ahead of me that I had to start jogging for a few minutes. When we reached the stand she pointed to the top of the shelf. I looked to see if the owner was here, but they were with another customer. I tapped the ground twice and an earth podium started to slowly rise me to the top of the shelf. 

Everyone stared at me in awe. I really don't know why. I've done this many times in public before. This is no different. After getting the ginger I gave it to Hinata. She bowed her head and thanked me so many times I felt my face get red. 

I left the market empty-handed. So I went to the training ground instead. I sat on a stump and stared at the trees. I love the way the wind makes the leaves sing. Everything was interrupted when a force of wind made me fall on my ass. I sit up and I see Neji staring in my direction. I narrowed my eyes. Ugh, why does he have to be here? I find him almost as annoying as Sasuke. I stand up and dusted myself off. I didn't want to ruin my mood so I started to walk away. 

Until I was knocked down again this time face flat on the grass. I punched the ground with my fist so hard that I made a big dent. I sat on my knees and took the dirt and grass off me. "You were in my way." He said standing next to me. "Why don't you become useful and just disappear?" I casually stood up and glared at him. "Just like your father did?" He instantly grabbed my neck with full force and lifted me a few inches off the ground. 

"You have no right to mention my father!" He said staring at me with his byakugan activated. I was gripping his wrist with both my hands. "Put me down unless you don't want to use your right hand ever again..." I managed to say with my limited breath. But that just made him grip my neck tighter. "Whatever. I'll meet your dad in hell way faster anyway."  He raised his left palm aiming at my chest. 

"Neji!! Put her down!" Yelled TenTen while running towards us. Neji stared at TenTen with cold eyes before dropping me to the ground. I fell on my ass and rubbed my neck with one hand. "You need to stop being a jerk you know!" TenTen yelled as she helped me up.

"Stay out of my business." Was the only thing he said before walking away. I wanted to pummel his smart ass to the ground so hard, but my neck was hurting alot. "Hey, let's get you to the hospital." TenTen said while tugging on my sleeve. I reluctantly followed.

~later~

I was in the clear. Nothing serious was damaged, I only needed pain killers. I bought TenTen some new weapons as a thank you gift. After she received the gift I made my way to Ichiraku's. "One bowl of the special please." I said while I took my seat.

As I waited for my bowl a familiar voice called my name. "Hiruzen?" I said dropping my chopsticks. He smiled and took a seat next to me. "I'll have the special as well." I stared at him with a blank face. "You like ramen too?!" Was the first thing I blurred out.

He only laughed. "Of course! This is the best ramen I've ever had." I was still in shock until I smelled our ramen. He started to eat his ramen as soon as it was set infront of him. I stared down at mine for a few seconds.

"What's on your mind now Natsuna?" He said but not looking at me. I gathered up the strenght to ask him this question.

"Can you tell me about the ten tails?"