part 2 ♥︎

-(y/n) pov-
i woke up to the sound of my alarm-that noise fills me with so much rage. i haven't heard it since spring. if you couldn't tell, it's the first day of school. my first day of senior year. i have a strange feeling that this year is going to be good.

i shot up from my bed and immediately started to get ready for school, my feet against the cold wooden floor. since it was the first day of school, i made sure to look cute. i wanna make good impressions, and i'm going to be making LOTS of them. this is because it's my first day at that school. i just moved from (your state) to houston texas, i moved for my parents job. it was hard to leave behind some of my good friends, but i had a good feeling about this. i've only lived here for about two months and i'm really starting to like it here, i haven't been able to make good friends yet, but school will hopefully introduce me to my future best friend.

-time skip-

i looked at the time and quickly ran out the door to my car. i got to the school and took a deep breath. the school was pretty nice, and there were lots of nice looking people.

i walked through the large front doors to see a already busy hallway, this might make it hard to find my classes. i pulled out my phone to look at my schedule and started to head towards my first class, english. i groaned knowing that this was going to suck. i hate english. it's literally so boring.

i get to my class and sat down at a random desk. the desk was not quite the back corner, as it was taken, so i had to sit a little farther up. i browsed through my phone while waiting for class to start.

i snap out of my stare when i hear my teacher announce that we are starting on a project right away. "alright students! for this project you have to pick a partner, this will be great to make new friends on the first day!". as per usual everyone went to their friends, even though he wanted us to try and make new ones. as i was scanning the room i saw a boy looking nervous. i assumed he was nervous about not getting asked, so i took action and walked over by his desk. it wasn't far as he was the boy that took the back corner.

"hey! do you wanna be partners?"

the boy had brownish hair, and he was wearing a white hoodie.

"oh um- sure!"

i pulled up a chair to his desk and got started.

"so what's your name? i'm new here."

"nick"

he blushed a little, i just assumed he was shy.

"i'm (y/n)"

we both giggled kind of awkwardly, but it was a comfortable awkward. nick and i started to warm up to each other and began to talk more and more. this caused us to barely work on our project. as i was talking to nick i looked at the time and saw that class had 2 minutes til cleanup. i looked up from my phone dropping my jaw dramatically. he caught on and we laughed for a bit.

n: "hey do you wanna exchange numbers? maybe we could work on this at my house or something."

(y/n): "yeah! sounds like a good plan"

nick and i swapped phones to put in our contacts. when he hands over my phone i look at the name he put for himself. it was "hottie from english 😻". i laugh and playfully punch his arm. i could tell we were going to be really good friends.