Chapter Twenty One

Lia

It's Elijah's birthday and the good little sister that I am, I decided to go surprise him at his college with a cake I baked myself. My girls are tagging along because of course. I can already taste the chaos ensuing as soon as my girls lay eyes on my brother. The dingbat craves attention—especially from women—so I have no doubt he'll be as happy as a nun on Sundays.

"Can I hold the cake?" Nolee asks from the back seat, changing the song in the car.

Blair is driving us to his college in her fancy car.

"I'm recording this whole thing." Blair says from the driver's seat.

"Omigod, wouldn't it be awkward if he was with a girl and we just walked in?" Nolee laughs.

Cue my nightmare.

"Oh god, no, ew, I'm gonna be scarred for life."

My brother has a bit of a crude reputation with women. Some of the things I've heard about him and his lady friends are things no sister should hear. Ever. It makes me wonder if we share the same blood because I'm all for commitment and cherishing the moment but Elijah is all for eating up girls like they're served on sushi conveyor belts.

I don't accept it but that's not my life, so it's none of my business.

"Damn, I'd love to take a ride on Elijah Berry," Blair says, the pink in her shining blonde under the sunlight, "I heard that he can make a girl orgasm in twenty seconds."

Let me die.

"EW BlAIR, SHUT UP!"

Blair and Nolee laugh as I try to get rid of the image of my brother making a girl orgasm.

"That's a man right there," Nolee pops her bubble gum, a hum to her voice, "I wouldn't mind having a crazy night with him."

"Nolee," I groan, "You two are crazy."

What do they see in my brother? He's ugly as a troll.

"And you have no right to that say after fucking Zack Mackenyu," Blair laughs incredulously, "Like what the fuck, Nolee? I know why I fucked Hudson but you're the responsible one, girl. What happened?"

Nolee, very casually, told Blair and me that she slept with Zack. Honest to god, I saw it coming from the planet Neptune. Zack and Nolee—if they're not bickering like a married couple—are practically fucking each other without the physical nature.

Nolee is a very confident and outspoken girl but when she was talking about her night with Zack—obviously not in crazy detail—she was shy and giddy. I could sense the adoration she felt towards Zack. She didn't act like she regretted it which is good because that would be the worst thing. Nolee is sentimental and emotional—more than me and I'm the most emotional person out of the three of us.

I once cried over a chocolate bar because it tasted like heaven.

But then again, I was on my period.

What's unclear though, is her feelings towards Zack. Yeah, she's attracted to him but is that only physical, or is it more? The same goes for Zack.

Nolee is quiet for a moment, a ghost of a smile on her lips.

"We just—I—," she sighs exasperatedly, "We were bound to fuck each other. It's good 'cause now I've got him outta my system, I no longer have the need to constantly rip his head off every time he teases me at the same time I want to dick him down."

She laughs it off. Blair and I exchange a look of uncertainty because it sounds like Nolee is writhing in deception.

There is no way she has him outta her system, the girl gets attached like those wristband tickets that take chopping your hand off to get them off.