Chapter Forty Eight

Lia

Xavier drops me onto his bed and I fall back with a soft laugh. The cool sheets send a wonderful, icy shiver down my spine and my thighs throb in lust as I stare up at him from under my eyelashes.

He walks out of the bedroom for a moment then comes back with a bottle of JD, takes a swig, and hands me the bottle so I can do the same. After taking a tiny sip, I hand it back to him and I move my legs up to bend them, my black heels still on my feet and his sultry eyes darken with hunger as they stare there.

"You're fucking crazy." Xavier says as he grabs a cigarette and lights it up with his Zippo.

I laugh at his words and he stares at me as he takes a puff with a faint smile on his face.

"What?"

I raise one heeled foot and place it onto his erection. Xavier looks down then back at me with a dangerous glint in his eyes.

"Remember when we first met? When I fell on top of you and you called me crazy?" I nibble on my bottom lip with soft nostalgia in my eyes.

"Yeah, I do remember." His voice is soft as if he's fond of that memory.

Xavier grabs my ankle and soothes teasing caresses on my skin. He takes a puff of his cigarette and glides the back of his fingers along my ankle and calf. Those small touches spread a delicious fire through my body until it rests sweetly in the place between my thighs.

"You wanna know what I thought that day, the moment I laid my eyes on you?" Xavier says after blowing out a puff, his eyes hooded and heavy with love and lust.

I tilt my head, watching him from under my eyelashes.

"What?"

"I thought how fucking breathtakingly gorgeous you are," he toys with the heel's strap, a faint smirk tugging on his lips, "And it made me fucking angry."

I softly laugh.

"Why?"

"Because I wanted you." Xavier's eyes lock onto mine as he says those words.

Butterflies invade my stomach at his confession.

"You were angry because you wanted me?"

"Yeah, I wanted you. I still want you," Xavier grabs my wrist to tug me up and cradles my cheek, his eyes flickering between mine with dark want, "And I will always want you, Lia."

I warmly smile up at him and then kiss him. His words rush into my heart and soul leaving me feeling like the happiest girl in the world. The want between us is irresistible. It's in our love for each other.

"Krystal shouldn't have kissed you," after I break the kiss I say to him from where he stands between my legs as I stare up at him in worry, "Are you okay?"

She assaulted him by kissing him when he didn't want it. As a woman I understand how difficult that is to deal with—having seen Nolee being kissed and inappropriately touched by an idiot once without her permission, she was shaken up—and so to have someone I love and care for dearly go through that, no matter how small of a significance it is, makes me want to wreak havoc.

Xavier warmly smiles at me, the appreciation in his eyes giving me comfort.

"Yeah, I'm okay, Lia."

"I'm sorry she kissed you."

He shakes his head as he tucks my hair behind my ear with the hand that is holding his cigarette.

"I'm sorry she keeps coming between us."