Chapter Twenty Seven

Lia

"Thanks guys, I really appreciate it." I say as I climb the stairs of the observatory carrying the wicker basket with cake and food.

"No problem, Lia." Zack hollers from behind Nolee.

Nolee and Zack kindly offered me help to decorate the observatory for Xavier's mini surprise I planned. Zack also offered to give me a ride since I don't own a car and Blair is already at the party the guys are throwing for their best friend.

"Dude, this place rocks." Nolee cheerfully confesses, looking around and up into the night sky.

"Why don't we have a place like this of our own?" Nolee scowls at Zack.

Zack puts down the box containing the decorations—balloons, lights, and a birthday banner.

"We do," Zack steps closer to my girl and smirks and it's hot, "It's called my bedroom."

Woah.

Okay.

These kids need to chill.

I see Nolee blush as I look away from them.

Zack and Nolee worked it out. I'm happy for her—for them. Fights are going to happen in a relationship, it comes as a package deal alongside love and sex. Being honest and communicating and listening to one another will make that relationship stronger.

Zack hangs up the banner because he's a giant while Nolee and I methodically place the balloons and lights around the place. I open the wicker basket and pull out the huge white wool blanket and spreading it under the opening on top and just in front of the telescope.

Pulling out the cake, I carefully place it on the side, then followed by some sweet bread, raspberries, gummy bears, and Pepsi—but in the glass bottle so it looks fancy. It's nothing special but it's enough to spend Xavier's birthday with him in our secret place.

Zack said that Xavier doesn't like celebrating his birthday, let alone parties, so I thought this was a perfect idea.

"All done." Nolee huffs, smiling as she looks around.

"Looks good." Zack sends me a warm smile.

"Thanks guys."

Xavier

I told these fucking idiots I didn't want a party.

And what do they do?

They throw a fucking party.

I'm going to fucking kill them.

I watch as my stupid friends annoy their chosen girls. For the sake of humanity and themselves, I hope Nolee and Blair kick the dickwads in their sorry dicks. It's almost disturbing how much they're into the girls. Don't even get me started how Zack was the whole week since his fight with Nolee. The motherfucker was close to eating low-fat ice cream, watching a shitty rom-com, and crying a river.

Krystal invades my vision, standing in front of me in her mini black dress.

"Happy birthday, X." She purrs, her fingers sneaking up my chest, touching me.

As I look at her, I grow angrier.

This is all because of her.

Grabbing her wrist, I push her away. Krystal smirks.

Lately, I've been realizing what a sly bitch she is. Yeah, before I was aware of it, I saw it happen and even took a little amusement in it but now it's fucking annoying. I haven't forgiven her for what she did to Lia at Blues that night. Seeing Krystal as a friend was my mistake, she's not a friend. She definitely doesn't see me as her friend, I'm just a guy who can fuck her how she likes and a guy who she can play her dark, sadistic games with.