Chapter Fifty Two

Lia

Xavier Knight is the hottest man ever.

My eyes—and my libido—are being blessed with his ethereal, heartbreakingly hot appearance. He looks drop-dead freaking hot in that black racing uniform. The way the material hugs his muscled arms and smackable butt and the sun-kissed color of his skin makes my mouth water. And his tattoos peeking from the collar? Hello, orgasm!

Xavier's talking to Viini and his father who is as hot as Tupac Shakur in a crisp suit. There's also another man—the dude who wants to get him on his team.

No matter what happens, my boyfriend is going to succeed. He's too good of a racer not to. Plus, look at his face! Who wouldn't want such a hottie on your team? Like, hello, imagine all the modeling and commercial endorsements he would bag.

Rhea and I are observing the car Xavier's going to be using. It's a black Ford Mustang GT with the number 02 in Helvetica Neue printed big on the hood. Various different brand logos decorate the exterior of the race car and inside looks like a maze of gadgets.

Xavier and Viini walk over to the car once they're done talking with the two men. Rhea kisses her son's cheek, smothering him with kind and encouraging words. Viini walks her over towards the pit area where the garage door for Xavier's car is.

"Kiss me." Xavier says with urgency out of the blue.

My eyes round with amusement.

"What?"

Xavier begs for my lips with his eyes.

"Just kiss me, please."

I giggle and cradle his cheeks to kiss him softly. He wraps his arms around me and kneads my body to his as if he's trying to suck out luck-energy from me.

He breaks the kiss and smiles playfully, patting my butt lightly.

"Okay, now go."

I laugh and take a step back.

"Good luck, baby." With a warm grin, I turn around to head towards where Rhea is.

"Ugh, fuck, come here." Xavier groans before tugging me back into his arms and crashing his lips on mine. 

And the kiss is scorching hot.

Viini has to literally pry him off of me which makes me laugh and Xavier shoot death glares at his friend. I watch with fascination and an aroused body as Xavier slides on the helmet and climbs into his car. He looks like a badass greek god in that car. I have to stop myself from running to him and ravaging him in that car because he looks so hot.

Viini, Viini's dad, and that man stand near Rhea and me as we all watch Xavier drive his car towards the checkered line. The racetrack is completely empty and when the countdown begins and Xavier revs his car to bolt down the track, my heart thunders inside my chest in excitement.

"I've never seen him race before, this is exciting." Rhea says, her eyes twinkling.

"He's amazing." I say with a warm smile on my face.

Rhea's face softens.

"When he was in high school, I used to attend every basketball game of his. I may not now as much but back then I was always there for him. And one of the millions of things that I adore about my son is that he's passionate," her eyes glide to me as a meaningful smile paints on her lips, "About everything he sets his heart to."

My cheeks blush after understanding the meaning of her words. Looking down, I smile to myself then look back up at Xavier's car.

"What was he like in high school?" I ask.