Chapter Fifty One

Lia

I carefully pack in the cooked rice into the pot, then the marinated chicken masala onto it, and gradually make two layers of it. When I've added the last layer of white rice, I pour some saffron milk around on top, fried onions, green chilies, coriander, mint leaves, and slices of lemon.

The aroma in Xavier's kitchen is mouthwatering.

Letting the biryani cook with steam for a few minutes, I turn off the gas with the butter chicken and start to pour that into a bowl.

Xavier's mom is coming over for dinner and it'll be my first time meeting her so I told Xavier that I wanted to cook for her. Maybe to get into her good books or whatever. Since I'm part Indian, I decided on making dishes that I'm good at. My mom has taught me to cook and I owe her all the efforts and compliments that I get.

I'm turning the gas off when I feel a pair of eyes watching me and he's been ingrained into my soul so much that I can recognize his stare in an instant. With a soft smile on my face, I turn around and look at Xavier standing in the entryway of the kitchen.

He's leaning against the wall with his arms crossed and a faint smile tugged on his lips. His piercing eyes rake down my figure in admiration with a hint of desire. I'm wearing a mid-length thin-strapped black dress with a scattering of flowers here and there. My cheeks burn with shyness. I don't hold back from checking him out either and Xavier looks hot as sin. His hair is bedraggled, still messy from our...afternoon, after-school lovemaking. And I just want to tear off his plain black t-shirt and take him again.

His eyes linger on my bare feet and a faint smirk morphs onto his mouth.

"Fuck, I wanna knock you up." Xavier mumbles under his breath but I catch it and both my heart and the place between my thighs flutter.

No, Lia, snap out of it. He's hypnotizing you with his eyes.

My eyes widen.

"What?"

"Marry me." Xavier smiles too serenely.

My breath catches in my throat.

He can't be serious.

Xavier moves off the wall and starts walking towards me, all the while with a gentle smile that brings out his dimples.

"Marry me so I can look at this every day of my life." Xavier quietly says as he stops in front of me and peers down at me with those gorgeous eyes.

"What?" I raise my brow, playfully looking up at him, "Me in a kitchen?"

"No," he smiles, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear, "You in my life, in my space. I can't explain to you how good it feels to look up across a room and see you standing there. I want you everywhere, Lia. In my kitchen, in my bed, in my mind, heart, and soul."

My heart swells from the uncontrollable need to hug him and cherish him for the rest of my life.

I love him.

"Too cheesy?" Xavier playfully asks, his eyes flickering between mine.

"No," I smile, curling my arms around his neck and moving on my tippy toes so that our lips are a breath away, "Not even a little bit."

Then I kiss him, pouring all my love and appreciation for him into my gesture. Xavier kneads my hips, tilting his head to deepen our kiss. His tongue dances with mine in a soft, sensual rhythm that has butterflies swarming in my stomach.

Breaking the kiss, he leaves a lingering peck on my neck.

"Fuck, you look so sweet," he whispers against my skin, "I wanna bend you over this counter and fuck you till dawn."