Chapter Fifty Five

Lia

After our wholesome morning in bed, Xavier cryptically told me to get dressed and grab my film camera.

So I did.

I choose to wear a simple, soft dress that reaches my knees. Did my makeup very lightly with soft pink blush and moisturizing lipstick. Kept my hair wavy but made a loose braid so it falls down my back, tying the end with a white scrunchie.

As I was getting dressed, he was sneaking in and out of his apartment doing God knows what. I'm not stupid to not know that he's probably taking me somewhere for my birthday but still the anticipation is exciting.

We drop Bloo off at Zack's apartment where both Nolee and him wish me a happy birthday and my best friend gifting me the perfect gift ever—a book. It's the one I'd been wanting to read for quite a while. I can't wait to read it tonight.

"Where are we going?" I ask from the passenger seat of Xavier's car.

The Weeknd's Starry Eyes whispers from the speakers in his car. With the windows all the way down, I'm enjoying the cool, February breeze. It's warmer than it should be but I'm not complaining. We're driving through a sparse, long road with cliffs and greenery all around us. The smell of fresh plants and flowers sends shivers down my spine.

Xavier looks over at me and playfully grins.

"Fantasia."

I punch him on his arm with a soft laugh.

He chuckles and focuses back on the road and I take it as he wants the location to wherever we're going a secret, so I don't bother him more.

It takes a hour for us to reach where he wanted to bring me. And as we're driving through it, my mouth stays a gape in awe from the complete beauty of this place. Once Xavier stops the car in the middle of nowhere, I step out and stare around me in speechlessness.

Oh my god.

Flowers.

Blue flowers.

Everywhere.

It's a never-ending flower field and Lake Bellevue Mountain in the mere distance looking like a majestic creature. The blue sky with the white clouds, the blueness of the flowers and the green of the trees—everything is so magical.

There's nothing and no one around us. It feels like it's only me and Xavier in this little world of ours.

And that feeling is indescribable.

I sense Xavier stop beside me so I look up at him. He's watching me in wonderment—more specifically, my smile. Blood rushes to my cheeks under his stare and I look away. Even after so long being with him, he still gives me butterflies.

"Xavier, this place...," I'm at a loss for words, "It's beautiful."

I've never been here before. I wish I had. But now that I have, I never want to leave.

"Come on, it gets better."

He intertwines ours fingers together and it's only then I notice the wicker basket in his other hand with some white blankets on top of it.

Abandoning his car along the graveled tracks, we step into the flower field. The blue flowers—love in a mists, sea hollys, cornflowers, hydrangeas—are like fairy dust sprinkled onto these forever green fields that disappear towards the mountain. And their scent—heavenly.

Their stems and petals tickle my legs as we trudge through them. The soft breeze billows through the strands I left out of my braid and I gawk in lost paradise as it billows against Xavier's white shirt.