Chapter Forty Seven

Lia

Janet Jackson's All For You plays around Heartcore. It's owned by Viini's older brother and with Viini with us tonight, we girls were able to sneak in without getting in trouble.

Heartcore is ethereal. It's like a museum built for Olympus. The upper floor has crystal curtains raining down from the ceiling in a circular shape. Above the dance floor, the ceiling is designed with rococo details and a replica of The Fall of Icarus painting by artist Blondel. Towards the back of the club, there's a huge blank wall with a pink gradient light.

"I love you guys," Blair slurs as she slings her arms around Nolee and me, "You're the best."

We laugh at her, not surprised that she got drunk in the span of an hour.

"And she's drunk off her ass." Nolee hollers.

The girl may be hammered but she looks like a goddess. Her blue eyes are glittering with joy and her cheeks are blushing. My heart feels at ease knowing that she's feeling like herself again. Blair has always had a smile on her face, it's very rarely that we get to see a frown on her pretty face.

I grin in amusement but look at Blair in worry. She's a lightweight so she could get sick real quick.

"B, do you want some water?" I ask, moving some strands of her blonde hair away from her face.

"Nope," she gives me a cute smile and leans in like she's about to whisper a secret, "I just kissed Viini."

"What?!" Nolee exclaims whilst I'm gawking at my best friend in surprise.

Her actions might be a little irrational but the girl is allowed to kiss any guy she wants after getting treated like a toy by a certain blonde-haired skater. She owes Hudson nothing. And I'm glad she's not moping over him. Blair deserves the whole world and more.

"He tasted so sweet—oh, there he is," Blair's eyes sparkle in desire as Viini saunters over to us, "My prince."

Viini laughs, his green eyes raking down Blair's body in appreciation, not creepy lust. Blair throws her arms around his neck and makes out with him. Nolee and I softly laugh. I glance at Xavier and he and Zack are laughing too. The person who's not finding Viini and Blair's makeout session amusing is Hudson.

He looks both defeated and angry.

Viini curls a muscular arm around Blair's waist, his green eyes glittering in fascination. Blair and Viini look good together and I'm happy that she's not letting what happened with her and Hudson affect her.

We're allowed to mourn when we get hurt but only for a while. The rest is to heal ourselves, love ourselves and laugh in the faces of those who have hurt us because we don't lose anything, they do.

Blair drags Viini downstairs and Nolee and I are left watching them from above as they practically make love on the dance floor. Viini is into Blair, it's in his eyes and yet, although I don't want to judge him, I'm worried about him playing with my best friend's feelings.

I understand I've got nothing to worry about when it comes to Blair because the girl can throw a mean punch but I can't help the concern in my chest for my best friend. She's like my sister, so is Nolee and both of them have done so much for me.

They saved my life.

They're everything to me.

So, I'm not going to stand back and watch them get hurt.

Zack slides next to Nolee and whispers something in her ear that makes the girl grin like a naughty nymph. She gives me a giddy smile and off the married couple go. I laugh and shake my head at them.