1 | The Guy in The Khakis

"Alright everyone, let's settle down. I see two people are missing but we will have to carry on w-"

"I AM HERE!"

My head turned slowly towards the booming voice I just heard. My eyes rested upon the Symbol of Peace. All Might. The Number One Hero.

I couldn't hide my excitement very well. A smile found it's way across my face and my eyes glued themselves to the legendary hero.

"Sorry for being a little behind on time, I got caught up with the group of wonderful fans outside!" All Might smiled with a laugh.

Yeah... "Wonderful fans..."

All Might took his seat at the end of the table all the way across from the agent. He sighed and continued.

As he resumed the meeting, I couldn't help but notice something odd. Everyone had someone sitting across from them, except for me. The agent said two people were absent, and one just showed. That means whoever is supposed to be sitting in front of me is the last one.

Who was dumb enough to not show to a direct request from the commission? They might be either the bravest or most foolish person I'm ever going to meet.

I didn't receive any word about when the meeting was going to end. I sneaked a peak at my phone and saw we were only thirteen minutes into the meeting. I sighed with annoyance and tried to keep to myself. From what I gathered, I was right about me being on the new team.

Suddenly, I heard laughing outside of the door. The agent stopped talking again, anger apparent on his face.

"Hey! Call me, yeah?"

The voice was muffled, sounded like a guy in his early twenties. He had that cocky jerk kind of voice.

Then, the door opened. It hit the wall once it was opened fully.

In stepped him.

The Number Three pro-hero, Hawks. Japan's number one heartthrob.

... And possibly the biggest showoff I've ever seen.

He had a shit-eating grin plastered to his face and a look of excitement in his eyes. He strolled into the room and, to my dismay, sat right in front of me. I saw his honey-golden eyes faulter, getting a glance at my hero costume, and then he smirked. He leaned back in the chair and crossed his legs.

"Hey, there." He raised his eyebrows. "I'm Hawks."

I rolled my eyes, unamused. "I'm well aware." My eyes darted towards him. "Bonespur."

"Ah-" He began.

"Hawks would you like to explain why you were nearly fifteen minutes late to this very important meeting?" The agent asked.

"Well, this babe in the lobby couldn't keep her hands off me." He chuckled.

The agent's eyes bore into Hawk's, seemingly forever, and it was now that he started acting appropriately. His face straightend and he sat up right, clearing his throat.

"Sorry for the inconvenience. It won't happen again." Hawks said formally.

My eyes found themselves looking back at him with wonder.

What was that? What did the agent mean? Why is he suddenly so obedient?

The agent sighed with annoyance, and continued once again. "The new team is called the 'Publicity Team'. The person sitting in front of you will be your patrol and mission partner."

I looked into the piercing eyes of Mr. Number Three.

God fucking dammit.

He looked at me with the same grin he had when he entered the room. I rolled my eyes, unamused and gagged slightly. Hawks' eyes suddenly became saddened, but it was that fake, 'I care but not really' kind of sad. I scoffed and crossed my arms. He leaned back in his chair and put his feet on the table, crossing his legs.