16 | Like You Do

I looked up at the sky. I really wish I'd brought my umbrella.

The sky was dismal, and the sun was cowering behind the thick clouds. I looked at the clock on my phone. Three more hours until patrol is over. I had some time to kill.

It was around noon, and it had been raining all morning. It thankfully had stopped just before I clocked in for patrol. I looked at the sky, seeing a bird fly by.

Oh, how those solitary birds reminded me of him. Seems everything reminded me of him. Every turn I took I saw red. Red lights, red clothes, red cars. Red everything. Part of me thought I was going insane.

"Oh, Ruby, get it together." I scolded myself.

I don't need a man. Especially not one who breaks up with me for some bitch who can't wear clothes right!

Suddenly, I got a call on my phone. It was from Rumi. I answered.

"Hello."

"Hey, Ruby, I need you to listen to me."

"Okay."

"Hawks didn't break up with you willingly. You know Hebi? She's his ex. He swore on Endeavor's life he'd never get back with her."

"Well I guess Endeavor didn't mean as much as her."

"No, you don't get it! She's a fucking hacker. She can find things no one else can."

"Oh, no, I get it. He leaves me for a younger and apparently more pretty than me girl."

"No, Ruby, you don't understand-!"

"Look, Rumi, I know you're his friend too, but I need you to stop. This won't change anything. He made his choice and that's fine."

"Ruby, please!"

"I gotta go."

"No, don-!"

I hung up the call and put my phone back into my pocket. I ignore the next three calls and the next five text messages.

Keigo didn't want me anymore.
And I had to accept that.

It was hard to accept that, but I knew I needed to. No one was going to take care of me. No one was going to hold my hand through it all.

Part of me had started to believe I was unlovable. That I was only good for my body. My mental state was going back to the dark times in high school when I'd get every guy trying to get with me because I was classified as a pretty girl. I didn't even want all that attention, but I got it and that made other girls jealous. They all hated me for some reason. That's why I never made any high school friends or found my high school sweetheart.

That's why I felt alone.

༺♡༻

"Hawks, look at this! Mitsuki Bakugou liked my photo!"

"That's great, Hebi."

"Look! She said that she likes my outfit."

"Uh-huh." I kept looking around her living room. I was looking for it.

Ever since Hebi and I 'got back together', she's been bothering me with stupid things. They always relate to social media and it was always about her.

Ruby always asked me about how my day was.

"Ooh, baby, can we go to this concert in a few weeks?" She asked, showing me ticket prices.

"Maybe." I replied.