18 | Meet Me in Hell

It had been two days since my contact with Keigo. I was beaming, now. My mood had flipped back to normal ever since I saw him again. I was being so productive again, and work had been going well. Other than that mission. The commission took me off it because they said I was being 'unreasonably brave'. They didn't want me to end up killed.

Seemed a little out of character for them, but I wasn't complaining. I made money either way.

I think Mamushi noticed the change, and she asked me how things were going.

"I can't relay specific details, but let's just say that Hawks and I will be getting back together soon." I smiled. "Thank you for asking, Mushi."

She smiled back. "Of course, Ruby. You're a great boss and an even better friend. I hope things go smoothly for you two."

I hugged her and sighed. "Thanks, Mushi."

After that, I went to my office. I hoped Keigo would be okay, too. This must be hurting him too, maybe even more than me. He was with that wretched woman, someone who he thought he'd never have to be with again.

I just hoped he'd find the content and destroy it soon.

༺♡༻

As I sat on Hebi's couch, I sighed with impatientce. She was half asleep, laying her head in my lap. I moved and stood up, much to her dislike.

"Where are you going?" She asked, annoyed.

"To the bathroom." I snapped back.

Hebi rolled her eyes and turned to her other side, closing her eyes. I turned the light on in the bathroom and closed the door. I tip-toed away from the bathroom door and then into her office in her house. If she had a flash drive anywhere, it would be in here.

She probably watched the videos and imagined Ruby was her, the sick bitch.

I looked through a few cabinets and drawers, searching for a flash drive or something that stores digital media. I remember Hebi saying something about a flash drive when we were arguing once.

Suddenly, I heard Hebi call out for me.

"Hawks!"

I sighed and went out of there office quietly and went back into the bathroom, and flushing the toilet to make it seem like I had actually went to the bathroom. I turned the light off and went back down the hallway to check on her.

"What?" I asked, sitting back down.

She had tears streaming down her face. "My mom just got into a car accident. I need to go, right now." She picked up her purse and headed for the door.

"I'm so sorry, Hebi," I said. I felt that was true sincerity. Even though Hebi was a bitch, it sucks to hear that someone got hurt.

She didn't say anything back to me as she closed the door behind herself. I took the opportunity to search the house. I looked high and low, every cabinet and box I found. I didn't find anything suspicious in her bedroom, other than a little key. Looking through her makeup cabinet was a disaster, and I looked in her dresser, her closet, and her bathroom.

Nothing.

I turned back to her office. It had to be in there. I looked through the obvious cabinet and drawers first, with luck of finding one so far. I decided I'd search for as many flash drives as possible and check them all at once.