𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭

Start from the beginning

At once, Draco whipped out his wand at Hannah and waved it with flourish. They'd barely learnt any spells yet, but the way he was holding it seemed otherwise.

Just then, a shout came from across the yard. An older boy with dark brown hair broke into a jog towards them. "Hey. Is there a problem here?"

He was much taller than all of them, and by his Quidditch robes, Angel could deduce he was at least a year older, and much more intimidating than the little fair-haired boy in front of them. 

Draco narrowed his eyes at them. "No," he said reluctantly before promptly stalking off, his two cronies tripping over their feet as they tried to keep up.

"Slytherins," remarked the older boy. "They can be like that - some of them, at least. Don't pay them any mind." He turned back to them. "First year, eh?" They nodded.

"Cedric Diggory. Third year." Hannah smiled gratefully at him. "Thanks, Cedric. I'm Hannah Abbott, this is Angel Dawson, Ernie Macmillan, and Zach Smith."

"Nice to meet you all. How are you finding your first week at Hogwarts?"

"It's is awfully big!" Ernie piped up, and they all laughed nervously, feeling small and shy around this older boy.

Cedric nodded in agreement. "You'll get used to it. Well, see you all around! Don't be strangers." He gave them a small wink before joining his friends, who were all carrying proper Quidditch broomsticks.

"I should've offered him something," Angel said, looking into the bag, but Susan only chuckled. "More for us!"

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

🖤

"Draco!" a small voice called from behind him. He immediately felt a surge of irritation. None of the students who weren't his friends had dared to call him by his name like that. He turned around, finding that it was that irksome Dawson girl.

"Here," she said, holding out a small bag. He looked at her, at the bag, and then back at her again.

"What is it?"

"Just wanted to give them to you."

He took the bag and opened it hesitantly, half expecting a toad or snake to jump out at him. You never know with these people.

Instead, he was staring down at three Fizzing Whizzbees, a tiny grey pack of Pepper Imps, and a few single sherbet lemons.  

"The Fizzing Whizbees are loads of fun," she began chattering excitedly. "You, Crabbe, and Goyle could have one each, and-"

"Don't tell me what to do," he snapped. Her eyes widened in stunned silence, and he carried on. "Also, you're to call me Malfoy. The next time you call me Draco again, I'll hex you." Scrunching the neck of the bag in his fingers, he gave her one last scathing look before turning on his heels back to the Slytherin dorms.

With the bag carefully tucked into his robes, he silently climbed the stairs that led to his own private chamber. They all had one, the richer and more powerful families who could afford it.

Arriving at his door, he spoke the password: "green apples". The locks clicked open and he entered, immediately throwing himself on the bed. The mattress was so huge it seemed to almost swallow him up.

He took care not to disturb the pile of candy that was already sat in the middle of the bed. He'd managed to extort them from a Gryffindor student earlier, right after the incident with that blasted Hufflepuff group which had left him absolutely humiliated.