Two

Tbh my mental health is dwindling and I'm going close to losing my sanity but I have hope for a better Nigeria.
I want to believe that everything that happened has a reason and may God take away our president (Amen)

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯

Fade woke up early enough before NEPA took light and she was able to iron the Ankara high waist skirt that her former boss gave her for Christmas gift and she paired it with a white crop top with don't mess with me at the front.

She had cleaned her Sunday shoes yesterday night and she made sure to cook breakfast on time so she can go to her school early. It felt weird calling Elite College that she had always admired from afar her school.

God bless uncle peter for helping her apply online and coaching her for the entrance exam. She still can't believe they picked her among everybody.

When she was ready to go, her mother gave her a crumpled old five hundred naira note and told her to take bike rather than walking as she intended to.

She arranged all her documents including four passports into her file and she walked out of the compound. she stayed downstairs for a while before she saw a bike coming towards her.

"Elite College"

"N200"

"haba, Oga no be N100 dem dey carry am"

"Na N150 I fit carry you oh"

she contemplated for a while before she entered and the bike drove off. She came down before she got to Elite College so she walked the rest. when she got to the gate, She showed the gateman her documents and he directed her to the Principal's office.

When she stepped into Elite College, her jaw dropped in shock. The place looked like it was cut out of a magazine and the buildings were super tall and looking classy. She took a look at her dressing and she felt like she didn't belong here.

She took the Gateman's direction and she found herself in front of a black door with the inscription "Mr. Gbadebo" she knocked twice before the door opened and she stepped in.

"Good morning sir, my name is Fadekemi Oluwalogbon"
"oh, the scholarship girl right?"

"yes sir"

"Have your seat"

"Thank you sir" She took a seat opposite the man and she took in his appearance while he scribbled down something on his desk.

His head was bald and he had an obvious potbelly. signs of good living. He looked up and he adjusted his glasses.

"Fadekemi, let me officially congratulate you for passing the examination and making it into Elite College"

He spent over 45 minutes talking about the rules and regulations. When it got to a point, she was tired of hearing same thing that will be given to her in a book.

he told her to go to a corner and pickup a black leather school bag, she opened it and it was filled with 24 customized school books and a pack of pen and pencils.

He told her its part of the scholarship and he scribbled his signature on a paper and told her to take it to the school fashion designing store to get her uniform. The janitor escorted her.

she spent another 45 minutes testing uniforms and fixing it to her perfect sizes. Her uniform was packaged into another paper box and she was given three pairs.

She walked back to the principal's office and he told her to go home if she likes or go to the ladies and change into her uniform then join her mate in class.

She decided to go home first and when she got to the gate, she turned back and looked at the building that will serve as school for the two years she has left as a secondary school student.
She knows she's in for an experience she won't forget in a hurry.

********

"Ekuule Maami" Fade greeted as she came down from the bike that she boarded from school.

Her mother looked up from the yam she was pounding and she smiled at her. Her mum owned a bukka not far from their home and she is known all over their street to serve the best pounded yam and efo riro. She usually open by 2pm and close by 5pm.

"My baby, how was where you went to? Are they the one that gave you all this things?"

She nodded yes while she stared at the black mark that ran across her mom's face. Its no news that her father hits her that even the whole community knows about it.

What still baffles Fade is why her mum is still here, she could've taken she and her sister away but she still choose to stay with a jobless man who hits her.

She walks closer and touch the swollen spot and her mum winces in pain. She shook her head to clear that tears from falling. Her mum doesn't deserve all of this.

"Mummy, let's run away"

"Haaa, Fade you don't know anything. I can't be changing husbands like I'm changing my underwear. People will insult me"

She shook her head and she went inside, she wonders how her mum keeps on caring about what the society will say about her.

She took her things straight to her room and she kept her spare uniforms inside her wardrobe. She took the spare notes to her bookshelf and she left only six. She took two pen and a pencil and she kept the rest under her bed.

She changed out of what she wore into her worn out Miss Paris nightwear. She went out of the house to join her mum ignoring her grandma who kept on shouting her name.

I do not know when the next update will be but what I know is that we will all be fine ❤❤❤

No words❤❤