Chapter 29: Saturday

"This is stupid," I murmured as I slouched further back on the sofa.

Layla pouted and glared at me with her wide brown eyes, "It is not stupid! This is a way for us to get to know more about each other," she announced. She was the only one standing while all of us were sitting, forced to listen to a contest that she had come up with. She wore a white blouse that fit her extremely well and a white short skirt to match. She had on a gold necklace and her iron curled hair was put up into a slicked-back ponytail and moved every time she turned to face one of us.

Mason and Gabe were both seated on one of the sofas and Daniel and I were seated on the other. Aiden had preferred to sit in the brown chair and had a clear view of everyone. The expression on his face looked like he regretted choosing that seat.

It had been a day and we both had started to feel quite better. Aidens voice was still bad but it made him sound more masculine than before.

"Yeah, I don't think it's stupid," Daniel said passing a wink to Layla. I glared at him grossed out and he smiled. He was wearing his usual black leather jacket but this time he wore all black. The only color on him was his hair and his eyes. And his skin of course.

"Thank you," she said with a smile and her face red as a tomato.

I rolled my eyes and sat up.

"I don't even understand the point of the game," Gabe said while licking on his lollipop.

I started to pick the rips on my grey sweatpants.

"I literally just explained it for 30 minutes," Layla whined and stopped her classy white heels.

"I know. I got bored. You talk a lot." Gabe said with boredom on his face.

Layla put her hand to her heart showing that his words hurt sarcastically.

She sighed and fixed her posture, "Okay. Technically we all have one week to get to know one another. Then there will be a finale and the winning team will get a prize."

Stupid idea. I don't want people to know about me. But it was something that made Layla happy so I guess I could just play.

"So pairs of two?" Mason asked.

Mason and I had agreed to go on a date on Saturday. It was currently Sunday and I was stressing. I know I had one week so I guess this game could block out my stress.

We hadn't really held a conversation since and I'm relieved. Mason was sweet but I didn't feel a connection. Who knows, it could just be because we haven't gone on a date before.

Layla nodded her head to his question.

"Okay, cool I'll just go with Layla," I said.

"No Heaven. We already know each other so it wouldn't count. It has to be with someone who doesn't know a bunch about you." She explained with a smile.

"Heaven and I could work together." I heard Mason say in his raspy voice.

I turned to face him and felt my throat slightly clogged up.

"Yea you see that would've been cool but I already picked team," Layla replied slightly harsh.

Oh no.

"Aiden and Heaven," she announced proudly.

I looked at her with wide eyes.

She's got to be kidding.

"I'm not playing this stupid game," Aiden replied lowly.

"Yes, you are. The winner gets $10,000." she declared while crossing her arms.