Chapter 4: Fake boyfriend alert

I woke up earlier than usual, it was most likely because the savory smell of waffles hit my nose which made my stomach growl in hunger. After the whole incident last night I didn't bring up or say anything, I just went straight to bed. I tried telling Layla about it but she wasn't answering her phone.

I put my small hands that were barely the size of his and wrapped them around my neck, it felt like I could still feel his strong hands wrapped around me, and his words slowly rolling out as he whispered in my ear. I mean he threatened me, I could just put him in jail. But, I know all 4 of the parents will end up believing him, no matter what story he makes.

I eagerly climbed out of the soft bed, the pillow falling on the carpet and the blankets ending up smudged together on the mattress. I got up from the bed and quickly sat down to recollect myself. I shook my body and did some small yoga stretches, then I put my hair in a ponytail and slipped on my slides.

I haven't gotten used to this place but I feel slightly comfortable with the vibe Welma gives off, I didn't speak to Lane that much and my mother barely acknowledged me last night after the whole spit show.

I slowly crept down the stairs, afraid of waking someone up.

I walked past the vanilla scent living room that was painted with its beautiful nectar colored walls and designed with a white interior.

I open the kitchen door that was built like those kinds of doors that had no knobs but you had to swing it open. I crept in and saw Welma sitting on a black stool wearing white jeans and a white blouse that pleased her skin tone, her brown hair was in a bun and she was looking at some sort of magazine.

Aiden was also there. He was standing on the other side of the island which meant he saw me come in first. He was wearing a white undershirt that clung onto his muscles tightly and his black hair looked messy, his blue eyes spotted me and I saw his face change to complete irritation.

Welma notices Aiden looking at the door and she turns around confused, "Oh, hey honey!" Welma says, interrupting our glare contest. I separate my eyes away from his dangerous addictive blue ones and look at Welma with a small smile.

"Hi," I reply and become surprised when I realize how hoarsely my voice sounded in the morning. I awkwardly sat down on the stool beside her as she smiled at me the whole time.

I somehow managed to make eye contact with Aiden again and he rolls his eyes at me before turning around to wash the dishes. I could see the tattoo that formed around his tan neck, I couldn't tell what the words meant but they meant something. Other then that he looked nicely cleaned up, even if he was in joggers and an undershirt, and I hate to have to admit that hating a gorgeous guy is completely hard. I recommend not trying it.

"So, I want to get to know more about you. I mean I'm surprised I haven't met you sooner." Welma squealed as she squeezed my hands in both of hers.

What's up with these parents and squeezing hands.

"Well sure, ask me anything you want," I offered as I turned to face her.

"Okay...well let's see," she says while tapping her pointer finger on her chin and letting her eyes roam around the area.

"Ou, any boyfriends?" she whispered loudly with a raised eyebrow and sly smile as she leaned in.

Before I could answer Aiden cuts in, "Hah" he cackles with his back faced to us. His shoulders moving with the beat of his laughter.

I turn my head slowly from Welma to him and glared at the back of his black hair, knowing he can't see me.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I ask intrigued as I turn fully and rest my hands on the table set in front of me. It was a nice brown and yellow granite mix that fit the vibe of the kitchen.