Chapter 10: Gabriels Lake house

Chapter 10: Gabriel's Lakehouse
I woke up the next morning exhausted. Why have the nightmares come back? Why now?

I brushed the questions aside and slightly stretched out of my bed. I didn't sleep much last night, I was afraid if I closed my eyes the thought would ring back in my head.

I've lived in this house for about 1 1/2 weeks and I've never had a single conversation with Aiden. He was so closed off. I know I am too, I've never told anyone how I've ever really felt. But, I let people in as friends and I still put up a smile. What could hurt him that bad to make him hate everyone except for Gabriel and Daniel?

Doesn't even matter, Daniel invited me to go to the lake with them and I agreed. Well I told him I didn't want to go but my mom forced me to, she thinks it can help me. I roll my eyes at the thought of her saying those exact words.

It wasn't this lake though, it was the one where Gabriel lived. His dad owns a lake house by here and he and Daniel are living there for the summer.

This place was quite odd. There was a lake house at least 40 minutes away from the next, and the weird part is that each lake house has its separate lake. Which of course I still don't get how that many lake houses can have lakes but I didn't mind.

There were no girls here that I've become fond of or even communicated with. We went out a couple of times and I did spot some girl groups but just by the way that they talked showed me I wouldn't fit in.

I barely talked to my parents much which wasn't new. I only have time to greet Welma before she's busy off running errands and we talked sometimes. This lakehouse was a total disaster for me, no one to talk to. Of course, I've become too like Gabriel and Daniel but we just didn't talk as much.

I packed my bag with my favorite black swimsuit that gave my body a sort of nice shape and changed into some black comfy sweats with a light purple color hoodie.

I walked downstairs hungrily to eat something since I still had some time

"Ready?" a voice asked out of nowhere as I slightly pushed open the kitchen door.

I turned around to see Daniel, Gabriel, and Aiden sitting on the couch all staring at me.

Aiden looked a mess like he had no sleep whats so ever and stared at me with irritation. He wore a black v neck shirt that slightly showed his tanned chest and had on black jeans that clung nicely onto him. He had a pack of cigarettes in one of his hands and his effortlessly muscular hand played a little with his thick black hair. He was slouched back in the seat with an expression of boredom.

Gabriel was on the other couch licking every inch of his red lollipop, his lollipop infected red tongue only becoming redder. His hair summed as if he didn't take the time out of his day to put in the curl enhancer and he wore a matching outfit of dark blue shorts and a dark blue shirt. An expression of satisfaction filled his face as he pulled out another lollipop from the pocket of his long shorts.

Daniel on the other hand seemed unbothered, his eyes seemed slightly red and he was laid back. His blonde hair was pushed perfectly out of his face and his emerald eyes looked into mine with laziness. If that kid smokes one more cigarette I swear-

"For?" I asked confused as I fully turned around to face them and dropped my hand to the side of me.

"God..." Aiden murmured annoyed as he shifted in his seat which made his shirt slightly push up, his toned stomach almost revealing.

I ignored his comment and turned my attention back to Daniel waiting for his response.

Daniel put his finger on his chin and started tapping, he was trying to think of where we were going.