Chapter 2: Lake house for the summer

Chapter 2! I hope y'all enjoy this :)!

Chapter 2: Lakehouse for the summer

Friday was finally over which meant this school year was officially over. Here comes summer baby. I know I should probably cherish this summer as my last summer in high school because next year I'm a senior but I honestly didn't care. It can't be honestly that scary being a senior right?

Layla and I were supposed to hang out for the first two weeks during summer but her family had already set up plans, they were going on some family visit trip to go see her auntie in Canada. I wasn't mad though, I had a pool in my backyard that I was ready to swim in.

I don't enjoy summer that much for vacations, I just enjoy not having to wake up every morning to go to school. My mom and dad don't talk to me that much so all I had for the summer was me and a bag of chips.

I got home from school and walked into my room, closing the door behind me. I took everything out of my bag; notebooks, broken pencils, bitten pens, bent folders, and other random items I stuffed in my backpack and threw it all out. After I finished I climbed onto my comfy purple sheets and covered myself with a soft purple blanket. I opened some Netflix and rested my head on the bed board. I picked up the bag of popcorn I popped earlier today that I forgot to bring with me to school and opened it next. I put a piece of popcorn in my mouth and groaned of satisfaction at the flavor it brought, the butter and the salt levelled to perfection.

Oh, how good it feels to be relaxed.

As I started to get comfy and look for a show I felt a vibration on my stomach. I groaned and pulled my phone out of my hoodie's pocket and answered Layla's call.

"What?" I muffled with a mouth full of popcorn as I kept my eyes on the screen. I felt the popcorn butter start to infect my TV remote and my phone case.

"I'm leaving in 2 days not today! I wanna hang. Ou, let's go shopping!" she squealed.

I know she's leaving in two days but I just got out of school. One thing about Layla, she was never tired. You could make her run three miles and she would still choose to walk to school. AND IN HER HEELS TOO.

"Ugh, but I was just about to watch Good Girls!" I whined as I sat up and started playing with the rips in my jeans.

"Great, I'll pick you up!" she said before hanging up the phone.

I loved Layla but when it came to laying in a comfy bed with an oversized sweater and surrounded by posters of Billie Eilish while watching Netflix, I was not ready to have to pick between the two.

Eventually, I put all of my strength to get out of my comfy bed and went to my closet to pick out an outfit. I found a white hoodie and black jeans that complimented my brown skin. I walked over to the bathroom to do my hair and let down my curly hair and put a headband over my forehead. After trying on my outfit in the mirror and not liking it I decided to stick with black sweats and a white hoodie. I slipped on my sneakers and rushed downstairs.

I opened my front door to see her blue Mercedes parked near the sidewalk, the dust of the air finding its way to stay attached to her car windows. Since her windows weren't tinted I could spot her applying lipgloss to her plump pink lips and then picking out any food items leftover in her mouth with a toothpick.

Eventually, I found my strength to use these tired legs and walk over to her car, "Where are we going anyway?" I asked her as I sat down in her leather seats and covered my eyes to block the sun out.

She looked at me happily and quickly put her toothpick away, "Forever 21?" she asked excitingly with a raised brow.

"How about thrift shopping?" I said smiling as I thought of the beautiful designed clothes were there. The skirts and the oversized shirts that filled the racks and pleased all customers.