This time he fully got up. "I understood yes, so that's what I'm going to do." 

With saying that, he started towards the small kitchen, and started work on the meal.

My left hand was getting a bit numb after holding the cold 'ice pack' for a while, so I set it down on the arm of the couch and rested my head on it. 

After a few seconds, a weird feeling at the back of my throat began to intensify. It felt like a feather tickling my neck, but it was inside of my skin.

It wasn't particularly nice, but it wasn't horrible either. It was just annoying.

In both the physical aspect, and in the fact that I couldn't identify what it was being caused by.

It was also fuzzy, like a fluffy coat that you would wear in the winter.  

But, it definitely was not something that I had felt before. 

It was new.

It was different.

And it was not something that I wanted while having a hurt cheek.

"Lunch is served!" Sang out a cheery voice.

A plate with a sandwich was slid onto the table in front of me.

"Vait, arrren't ve going to eat at zhe table?" I asked in disbelief. 

The red, white, and blue country sat down next to me and grabbed his sandwich. "No, we're both hungry, and I don't see the point in moving everything there to only end up moving back here." He stated, before picking up his sandwich and biting into it. 

I blinked a couple of times, but eventually sat my sites on the sad-looking meal in front of me.  

The bread was deflated, and there was barely anything stuffed inside of it.

I was about to question America on why this was the case, until I saw that his sandwich was the same way.

Maybe we're down on ingredients.

I picked up the meal, and took a bite out of it. It was good, not the best thing that I had in my life, but alright for a one-day thing.

I took another bite.

Oh, if only you could see me now, father. Being all buddy-buddy with the country you hated most. Well, second most.

Thinking of him made me feel, down? Upset? Disappointed? I couldn't find a word for it. All that I knew was that I felt bad for doing something that he would have never wished for.

"Family is family." He used to say. "Family is more important that anything."

And I felt bad for betraying it.

"Do I need to smack you with that bread again?" A snappy voice interrupted my thoughts.

"Нет!" (No!) I screeched. "Please do not hit me with zhe brrread again." 

America smiled slightly. "Good. Anyways, I'm going to take that plate, and when I come back, I have some questions for small talk." 

He once again stood up, but I stopped him. "No, you got up last time, I can do zhis." I volunteered.

America's darker blue eyes widened a tad, before they settled back to their normal place. "Oh, thank you." He grinned, after he handed me his plate which no longer contained a sandwich.

"You arrrre welcome." I muttered, as I picked up my place and headed to the kitchen to place the dishes in the sink. 

When I returned to the couch, America's eyes were pinned to me. He then took a deep breath and started his question train.

"I'll start off easy. What do you like to do for fun?" 

I took a second to think about it, before I responded. "I like to starrrgaze, rrread, and cook." 

"Really? You like to cook?" The U.S.A asked, with a bit of shook in his voice. 

"Да, it's a strrress rrrelieverrr." I told him. He made a sound of confirmation, as he nodded his head.

"What type of music do you like?" 

"I mostly like one toned, uh, piano music." 

"That's not surprising. I remember your grand father coming over once in a while and France practically begged him to play something for her and U.K to waltz to." He recalled. "Okay, onto the next one. This one is a bit personal, so I totally understand if you don't want to answer it."

"Shoot." I responded in what I remembered to be a saying that America made up.

"Have you ever been in a relationship?" 

"I don't vant to talk about it." I growled.

America nodded before redirecting the conversation to a happier note.

But with every new question he asked, I began to give him more and more robotic responses, because my mind was somewhere else. 

I was thinking about how I've never been in a relationship, and how embarrassing that seemed.

Word count 2544

Oof, this chapter was very much a procrastinated one. I didn't start planing it until last Thursday.

Also, if you read my note at the beginning of this chapter, you know that small details are important to me. 

Something that is only mentioned once, could be something very important. And, there is definitely something else that will come up in later chapters, and it is a big one.

Good luck in finding it! 

Also, for those of you who have read the entirety of this book so far, thank you for spending 4 hours reading my book. 

(Side note: Yay! #1 in RusAme!!!)

Have a great day/night/morning/evening/noon/midnight/any time!

-Amaura-Chan