Chapter 41

Ame's P.O.V (three days later) (I don't know what I'm doing with these images anymore-)

I flicker my eyes open, as I reach for the light on the bedside table. The warm rays instantly blind me and make me shut my eyes tightly. Once I'm able to, I reopen them and sit up into a slouch.

I reach towards the dresser for a second time and click the off button on my phone to stop the blaring alarm. I then retract my hand and use it to rub out my drowsiness. Sadly, it wasn't as effective as I would have liked it to be.

With some effort, I manage to swing both of my feet over the edge of the bed and get up. I drag myself over to the wardrobe where I pull out a casual shirt, some leggings, boxers, and a pair of socks.

With that done, I head out the door and make my way over to the bathroom. I quickly strip my pajamas off of me and turn on the water.

When I step in, the first thing I feel is a shiver running down my spine. I ignore the unsettling feeling and proceed to do my normal morning activities.

Soon, I step out of the shower and throw on a towel to dry myself off with. After that, I put my clothes on, brush my teeth, and dry my hair.

While I was there, I took the opportunity to count the white specks that dotted my head.

I was doing that a lot these days.

Forty-three, the same as yesterday.

I sighed, both in relief and worry. I had gotten so used to losing stars that keeping the same lesser number for more than one day felt like a break.

I opened the door, walked out of the bathroom, and popped back into the bedroom for a quick second to grab my phone. After doing that, I proceeded to make my way over to the kitchen table where I then took a seat.

My hand clicked the button on the side of my phone that turned it on and I started to scroll through my news notifications.

One in particular caught my attention. It was from my calendar reminding me that I would be leaving tomorrow.

I had decided a few days ago to pack the original stuff that I had brought, so I was prepared to leave when the correct moment arose.

I hoped that the moment would come sooner rather than later.

I huffed and got up out of my seat while I cracked my back. I made my way over to the kitchen area and began to gather the few things needed to make eggs; like a pan, butter, and the actual eggs.

In no time I had whipped up a batch, plated them, and threw on a pinch of salt and pepper.

"Vhat arrre you making?" A gruff voice asked from the hallway.

"Some eggs. Want some?" I replied half-heartedly.

"If it is not a botherrr to you, zhen yes." He answered.

I nodded my head and split the dish in half, some for him and the other portion for me. I grabbed a fork for him and placed it on his plate with the eggs.

"Here." I offered him the plate, which he gratefully took.

"Zhank you."

"No problem." I stated, as I took a seat next to him at the kitchen table.

We both ate our eggs in a silence that wasn't as peaceful as it had once been. In fact, nothing was really as peaceful as it was before; before I started acting like a lunatic over not getting what I wanted.