When we reached the door America reached into his jean pocket and pulled out his set of keys. 

He placed his hand on the door and turned the knob, this made a slow creak echo in the confined space. 

We each took off our shoes, and went over to the couch. 

"So," America started. "What do you want to have for lunch?"

I sighed, I didn't know what I wanted though I could tell that I had a feeling for something. I just couldn't put my finger on it. I could tell that I wanted something easy to prepare, so that I could eat faster.

I furrowed my eyebrows in an attempt to concentrate. 

Then it hit me. 

In a very literal sense.

America was holding a half empty bag of bread. 

What I hadn't realized, was that he got up and went over to the kitchen, and waited for me to respond. 

"Hey, are you alive in there? Or are you just ignoring me?" The stared country huffed.

"One, vhat vas zhat? And two, a sandwich." I grumbled, while I felt a stinging feeling settle on my cheek.

"Oh, okay...uh...I'm sorry. I tried snapping my fingers in front of your face a couple of times, but you weren't responding. So...um...I whacked you with half a loaf of bread. Uh...do you need something for that, I don't want it to bruise." America asked in a rather worrisome voice. 

In a moments notice, I felt something soft on my cheek. "Could you turn your head for me?" 

His fingers guided my head to turn so that he could examine the mark that he made.

"Shit..." 

He got up and speedily pranced over to the freezer, where he pulled out something in a bag. He then came back over to me, and handed me the bag.

A package of peas...

"Vhy do you have zhat?" I asked before taking the frozen bag.

"It's a ————— ice pack that prevents —————." America explained, as he sat back on the couch.

"A vhat?" 

"It's a, oh. It's something that makes your cheek bruise less. Montana showed me it, after Kansas scraped his knee." He reiterated. 

I nodded my head slightly. 

"So...you said that you wanted a sandwich. What would you like in it?" He questioned.

"Amerrrica, I can make zhe sandwich myself." 

He shook his head. "No, you sit here. I should do something to make up for, uh, that." America pointed to my cheek, which was now covered with the pea bag. "Besides, I'm probably going to have a sandwich as well, so why have us both do it?" 

"Хорошо, пусть будет по-твоему." (Fine, have it your way.) I sighed. If he was offering to do something free for me, than I'll accept it.

America moved to get up, but stopped. "What would you like on it?" 

Ah, shoot...what was it called?

"Um...brrread, zhat birrrd you arrre famous forrr, zhat green stuff zhat looks like leaves, some cheese, but not a lot, and zhose rrred zhings." 

Wow...I really need to learn how to say vegetables in English.

America cocked his eyebrow in confusion. "Do you mean bread, turkey, lettuce, cheese, and tomatoes?"

"Да, это те." (Yeah, those are the ones.) I confirmed.