Prologue

The emotions were high in the air.

Everyone was celebrating. And there she was. His heart, his world...the reason he would lower his guns at times...His Naina..she was dazzling. She was sitting on one of the chairs placed in the garden, happily enjoying the pedestal fan's cooling while her cousins were sitting on a red mat spread on the cold grass and happily celebrating the ongoing wedding preparations of the eldest daughter of the house.

He wasn't looking at her out of respect, but he could hear her antics so vibrant in the air. 

It was nighttime. 

Millions of fairy lights and spotlights were covering acres of their vast gardens. The glamourous sensation made him feel more fond. She didn't enjoy parties. She would sneak out her mobile phone at times to read a book, only to have her cousins immediately get on her case and have her stop being a bore.

He could hear their playful quarrels.

He had been given the job of heading to the on-skirts of the main house, make sure the security was on high alert while the richest man celebrated the wedding of his eldest granddaughter, but he had been lured to a stop by the sound of Naina...the woman who had been just eleven when she had walked up to him with a sweet letter. At that time, he was sixteen and felt protective over her yet still scolded her to never do such a thing again.

She had been crushed.

Now she seemed pretty much over her childhood heroes and seemed content in spending hours in the main house's library. He didn't like that one bit.

Smiling at the sound of happiness, he leaned against a tree and pulled out his own packet of mint peppers, popping them in his mouth...wanting to enjoy this moment of happiness with her.

In the shadows, away from reality, these were the only moments he allowed himself to embrace his feelings for this woman.  

a/n: Hope you have a nice day.