8. Start of Something Sweet

-She is so majestically cruel-

Zaroon

Low sniffs were echoing in the air. Zaroon heard her walking behind and suppressed a smile. Just bringing in her presence felt glorious. Her adorable cute sniffs and the way she was so obediently following after him made him want to pat her head and declare his approval; declare how she had it all wrong.

No other girl but her made his heart skip and his senses feel so alive.  

She was so gorgeous and completely unaware of how he wanted her to make him stay. Not Hina or any other girls on this land. The twinking of the night stars and the slight swaying of the wind worked well to flutter the sensation feel of her presence.

He breathed and momentarily imagined her being the one that had asked him to elope. He had ties with the land, but to think that she cared that much would make him deliriously happy and flattered. 

She was still crying, believing that he had the heart to hurt her. He felt like teasing her, playing around for a moment before assuring her that everything was fine. She seemed so terrified of his presence, like a little lamb; his lamb-no one else's. His brother had perfectly played his part, and though he was highly disappointed with how his brother was disrespecting Zafar Malik and hoping for love out of his league, he was secretly smug about how he didn't have to keep fighting the urge to bust his own brother's nose out of jealousy and pure possessiveness.

Despite knowing he could never have her, he would always take care of his little doe. 

No worker could ever take care of his girl.

She deserved the best.

He could hear her hiccup and lowly sob, feel so tiny behind him. Feeling like the silence between them was biting in now, Zaroon scratched the nape of his neck and tried to start some sort of conversation. 

"So the ladies of this land really adore me." He chuckled awkwardly; though, his cheeks were pink while thinking of how these women were so naive and humble.  

Women from the city won't even spare a second glance at workers. 

Women from these lands were really simple and genuine.  

Hearing Naina scoff lowly at such a remark immediately made Zaroon feel more hesitant and embarrassed. That was a joke of poor taste.  He was a man who could lead crowds and command his crew, but when it came to women; especially the woman behind him, he would just feel clueless and out of his wits. His deep and powerful voice, though wondrous for making a change, would work against him when trying to be sweet to his girl. He had no idea how to make Naina warm up to him. 

She was clearly in distress and terrified. Deciding to finally ease her heart, he turned with a gentle smile, wanting to playfully tease her about how she was treating him like some sort of beast when his pleasant expression immediately morphed into complete awe. 

So tiny, so tender, she had taken a step back and was lowly hiding soft sniffs while staring at her fidgeting feet. A wisp of wind was making her presence seem as if it was slightly swaying. Zaroon could feel his heartbeat turn to rapid, so profound and clear. 

His Naina...she was beautiful-so sweet, so innocent and so dream-like.

She didn't dare look up, and he could feel completely mesmerized. The grasp on his heart, soul...he was hers, always. The moonlight was beaming so hauntingly gorgeous over her tiny presence. 

For a moment, he was reminded of the moment she had so innocently walked up to him and shyly given him a letter. He had to protect her, so how could he ever allow her to love him? His Naina.