13. Being Saved

-A single sword raised bought my heart-

Naina

 "Naina..."

The urgent call, the aggressive tone underlined with concern, it made me snap my eyes open. Zaroon, he was here. Standing with a rather murderous look at the sight of my shaken form, fists curled and jaw clenched, he was focus was entirely on me.

'Z-Zaroon," The intense sense of relief and the joy of seeing him here just made me want to rush towards him. The emotions had me sobbing again. I stood feeling so overwhelmed and sentimental, rubbing my eyes like a little kid. 

My nerves were getting the best of me.

"Shh...it is okay." He looked like he wanted to console me but had to restrain because of the urgency of taking actions. 

"Everyone, quickly follow me!" He then ordered, turning towards the door. The children were quite happy to see Sher Khan. All of them started crawling out from under the desks.

"Hush, my children! Come on quickly now!" I gathered my students. I didn't know exactly what was happening, where those armed men were. Had the workers of the land managed to capture them? There were so many questions and queries, yet I knew right now we all had to follow behind Sher Khan. 

With relieved emotions getting replaced by dread again, the helping lady, my students and I decided to rush behind Zaroon. My heart was terrified about what I would see outside. Blood, lifeless children....the thought was crushing me. 

As we moved out, the helping lady stayed at the end of the students' line, while I moved to the front. Zaroon, standing tall and powerful, quickly began rushing us towards the left side of the building.

"I managed to get in the school and get the situation under control. Yet, there are still some armed men outside. Zafar Malik and our workers are handling the situation. It is best if we all move to the classrooms at the backside." He instructed, rushing us. I tried to look nowhere but in front of me. The thought of just witnessing those who had become victims of such a heinous crime just squeezed my soul. 

Humanity had been crushed today.

WIth tears leaking down my cheeks, I just kept nodding to Zaroon's instructions. It was terrifying to think the danger had still not pacified. Sudden bullets shots echoed in the air, and the children and I shrieked in terror. 

What if the men came inside again...

"Quickly!" I instructed my students, as we all fastened our pace. 

I saw Zaroon loading a small black gun as we finally reached the classes on the backside of the building.

"Everyone stay here." He gestured, opening the doors.

"Zaroon, where are you going?" A sense of panic hit me hard, while my children rushed inside the already full classrooms. 

"Naina, go inside." His eyes were firm and glaring, as he bent his head closer towards me. 

This was an order. 

Gulping, I immediately nodded, feeling scolded and tiny. This man was terrifying and scary, yet the fear of something happening to him, it gripped me. 

"S-Sher Khan-" I sounded so small and mousy, not giving up my attempt to stop him while lowering my eyes to the ground. My soul was blanched and pale.

"Naino, don't worry. You guys are safe now. I will take care of you. Just go inside and make sure to not come out until our men come and get you." He placed his hands on his knees, as he bent to reach my height and console me.