9. Start of Something Sweet (Part 2)

-My heart's fort is just a climb for his obsession-

Zaroon

With a night so hauntingly alluring and filled with emotions left behind with the first ray of sunlight. Zaroon sat in one of the main lounges of the city's favourite brunch restaurants. 

'Le Manila'

Men were lounging comfortably on sofas placed in different corners. There was a pale fan hanging from the ceiling, white walls reflecting the bright-sunlight falling from the square-shaped windows of the cottage, cash being counted on some round, floor-level wooden tables, deals exchanged...this was a breakfast party thrown by one of their alliance parties.

 Zaroon used to attend them on the behalf of his boss, yet now he was a guest too. He was sitting on a couch placed in one corner, bored and zoned out. He had one arm curled around the couch and was slowly drinking sips of coffee. This was an auction feast, too. 

So many people sold and traded peasants at such parties. 

This was what most of these businessmen did. The factories needed workers, and the cheapest was always brought. Despite having this practice held at the homelands,  Zaroon hated this atmosphere. It always stung Zaroon when he would see women from his class sold.

Poverty, hunger and diseases, so many ills made humans see others with a price tag. He was a worker, too. His boss was fond of such practices, and these were just a few of his sir's interests that he didn't approve of. However, his loyalty was still with the man who raised him, and he had taken over getting his own hands dirty instead of having his boss taint his conscience. 

'Debtors should always be made to pay.'

'Money should never be wasted.'

These were the often-spoken words of the feudal king. 

Light poetry was playing in the air. And moments with the sun warmly cosying him against the red leather couch, the coffee scent relaxing in the air and men talking in the background, Zaroon kept his gaze set on the blackened stage placed in the middle of the room on a traditional man playing the poetry for the crowd-and found himself getting lost in the emotions.

'Wise men say to never be a purposeful fool'

Zaroon chuckled at the irony. Naina...

'To never chase after a rose's smile...to never get ridiculed by her charm'

'Yet, I-I can't help but be a fool only for you'

He was a happy fool...a willing fool.

"My tender heart beats poetry'

Naina's tender tears, her flowery delicacy and gentle power roared in his heart with so much possession.

'My foolish mind...it longs for my rose'

'"I am a fool, only for you.'

Indeed. 

Sighing, Zaroon finished his cup of coffee and just leaned his head against the couch. Sameer had thrown a tantrum again about how he would never marry Naina. His ma was looking for a way out, but Zaroon feared that Sameer was going to take some drastic steps. However, despite having the strength and power to control Sameer, get rid of something that might hurt his family's position on the lands, Zaroon didn't want to do anything. 

He wanted his brother to marry Mehreen.  

Naina...this love was going to be his ruination. Yet, there wasn't an ounce of regret or conflict in his heart that wanted to have it any other way. Adoring her was simply a joy for him. He couldn't pull her to his class-his status, yet he could still adore her. From the distances, from the stars looking above her.