30. The Aggressive Confrontation

-A society is destroyed when its upper class forgets its ethics-

Naina

The court hearing day was finally here. Everyone seemed to be interested and looking forwards to the verdict of the court. My story, people's stories...they had all gone viral. Everyone wanted justice for the girl who had been sold by an infamous feudal king and then raised by him. The injustice, the anger...the entire nation had got caught in this news. 

With the afternoon heat weighing down on the roads, I, along with some party members, had decided to carry out a protest inside the city hall that was near the Supreme Court. There had been trials of petals left on the roads, clearly showered earlier on to Zafar Malik's car when he had been driven to the court, by his paid supporters. 

The females were holding placards and banners in their hands, while the men were outside, shouting for justice. The ladies and I were making sure to carry out a peaceful protest in front of lady reporters. 

"Zafar Malik will pay! Go Zafar Malik Go! Down with the corrupt feudal king!"

"We demand justice!"

"Justice for the poor! We are here for our rights!"

The atmosphere was so enticing and patriotic. Fumed by the intensity of emotions, I was holding the banners way up high, gazing outside our wall-length windows and raising my fist in determination. 

However, soon, given the noise, my party was creating...I noticed several members of the Zafar Malik party gather outside, on the opposite side of the street, holding their own placards. There were security and police officers around us. The sight of the opposition further increased the friction between the crowds. It seemed like a showdown. 

"We are here for a change! We will make the corrupt looters cry! We will get them thrown in jail!" The hysteria and wild cries were loud, energetic and clear from my party's side. The banters began. The men from the other side began lashing out, throwing insults in the direction of our male supporters. 

I could only watch in horror and dread, as the atmosphere started getting hostile. Taha Anjum was leading the men from our side. He was standing near the front. The voice of him getting triggered was loud and clear. 

Soon, rocks were picked and started being thrown in all directions.

"Oh no!" I looked at my fellow female party members and eyed the fight that had burst in the middle of the streets. 

"Let's go..." Rushing towards the men, we kept our placards raised high and loud. The police had jumped in, trying to separate the heated crowd. 

"Go Zafar Malik Go!" The slogans had reached higher octaves. "Down with rural slavery!"

However, just as I neared the circle of the fight, where Taha Anjum had grabbed the opposition party member by the collar in aggression, while others were trying to separate the duo, I noticed a black Prado speeding down our street. 

The police, security team, and everyone had gathered around the circle of fight happening in the middle of the road. I was peering over the shoulders of men to see what was going to happen next. 

The fear of guns being pulled out anytime was real. 

The ladies had stayed a bit back. I was the only one so close to the circle. 

Eyeing the Prado momentarily, my breath hitched as I saw the Prado stop a few feet away from the heated crowd, and the Sher Khan jumped out followed by a group of gunmen. The sight of him...in person...after such a long time...it shook me...froze me for a moment. It had been so long, so empty...the silence that I hadn't noticed before was now so loud.