Chapter 30

Alistair's POV

"When is your wedding again?" Lexa asked as she put the last dish on the table.

We're currently here in their house because apparently, it's empty again.

She's here all alone by herself so she invited us to come over and have dinner.

We probably just sleep here because we don't want her to stay here all alone at night.

There's a lot of freaking lazy dumbasses who might try to come in here and stole everything and worst, kill her.

"It's next month." I replied.

I put three scoops of rice on my plate and waited for them to finish taking theirs.

I already told them earlier about the wedding my dad set me up with.

"Malapit na. Sa bilis ng panahon ay hindi mo mamamalayan bukas na pala 'yan." Tristan said.

He puts menudo on top of his rice before taking a spoonful of it and put it on his mouth.

There's a lot of viands here in the table. Jake cooked all of this with a kind of help from Lexa and Blake.

Tristan, Raia and I just helped on cutting vegetables.

There's menudo, adobo, ginisang ampalaya, asado, and caldereta.

It's just us but they cooked a lot of foods.

As always.

"Yeah. How sad. I don't want to have a cousin in law that I don't even know. Baka feeling close pa 'yan. Ugh!" Lexa said irritatedly.

I hope she's not feeling close to people she just met because my family really hates that kind of people.

When I say my family, it means the whole family of Arcardia. My mom's side.

"Aren't you going to say no to that wedding? I mean, you can if you want to." Raia asked.

"She have a point, bro. You always lie to your dad so why don't you make up a lie again?" Blake asked after Raia's question.

If that's that easy, I would have. But it's not. This case is different.

"Unfortunately, I can't. You know that I don't want my hard work and my sufferings to go to nothing. I won't let my sister and brother to have the same fate as me." I said.

"Couple goal, 'yarn? Grabe kayo. Bagay na bagay sa love story niyong dalawa ang niluto ko ngayon." pagsingit ni Jake sa usapan namin.

"What do you mean?" nagtatakang tanong ni Lexa.

"Ampalaya—" he said as he pointed his middle finger on the dish. "—dahil ang pait ng dinadanas niyo ngayon samahan mo pa ng alat ng panahon." he was pointing to the adobo right now.

Natawa kaming lahat sa sinabi niya. He's blabbering nonsense again.

Lagi niya talagang sinisingit ang kalokohan niya.

"Stop, Jake! We're eating. We might choke because of your joke." natatawang sabi ni Raia.

"Ayan, ganiyan! Ngiti at tawa lang." nakangiting sabi naman ni Jake bago sumubo ng ampalaya na sinamahan niya ng adobo.

What would it taste like?

He's weird AF.

"But he's kinda right. Your love story is not an ordinary one. There's no one who's against your relationship—except your father—and there's no one who wants to take you away from her and vice versa. It's just that your families are at stake here and that's making things complicated and hard for each of you." Blake said.