You're safe with me [DIO]

Warning: none

Requested by: SonGoku150

NOTE: the reader is ftm, aka trans. If any of you are not ok with this topic, please feel free to skip this.

I tried my best not to make this too emotional, since it kinda hit pretty close to home. I've had similar sitiation with my lover so that kind of helped me with the writing of this.

☆☆☆

Working for Dio wasn't as hard as one would think. You'd constantly see other of his servants whining about how hard it was. How they didn't want to go against The Joestars and their allies. Some has already gone against them and ultimately lost. You'd seen what those crusaders are capable of.

Yet, you weren't that scared of them. You were one of the most powerful stand users that Dio has recruited. And because of that you were to stay by his side. Lord Dio needed protection and you and Vanilla Ice were the ones to do that. Even though Vanilla Ice offered him more than protection, you were still very valuable to him.

Unknown to you, Dio had more than a simple liking towards you. At first, he'd recruited you for the power, yet after a few weeks of working for him the vampire had grown to respect you. Not only were you powerful, you were also worth his respect.

You weren't like his other servants, ready to do anything for him, no. You had refused to do things for him, refused to go after the Joestars at first, which only amused the vampire even more. You were extremely interesting to him – he'd never had someone go against him, let alone a small human like you.

And right now, you had piqued his interest. So much that he couldn't care less about the upcoming crusaders. He had been observing you for quite a lot time now, yet he hadn't seen you act the way you were now.

He'd often now see you, stay from others, preferring to be left alone. Almost every time someone'd call your name, Dio would see you almost visibly cringe. Not only that but much to Dio's displeasure, you'd started wearing bigger than your size clothes, trying to cover up as much as possible.

Of course, the changes weren't sudden; Dio's noticed all of this occur slowly. The vampire was a clever man – he would be able to get to the bottom of this on his own. He had a few suspicions of what could be the thing to bother you so much. Yet, it was hard for him to see one of his best servants so distressed. It was a bit embarrassing for him to admit that he cared for you. The only people Dio has ever scared about were his mother, his lover and you.

To him, you were more like a kid of his own, than anything else. Your ambitions, wit and personality were what reminded him of his younger self. And naturally he wanted to know what was bothering you so much.

"Yes, Lord Dio?" your voice pulled him out of his thoughts. Dio set the book that he was previously staring at and turned to face you. With a simple motion he invited you in his room.

"Please take a seat, I need to talk to you."

His words slightly worried you, but you sat across from him without any questions. You very well knew him and how much he valued you. You weren't scared of him. His amber eyes met yours.

"What's the matter?" he asked, without much context. The vampire was a straightforward man after all.

"..." you kept staring at him, not really understand what he was referring to. What is the matter? Did you do something wrong? Said something wrong? Or did he pick up on your behavior? "...excuse me, Lord Dio, but I don't understand your question."

The man only raised one of his eyebrows before motioning towards you. "I think you know what I'm refiring to."

You froze. Did he really care that much as to ask you privately about it? You've tried covering it up, yet it seems like he noticed. It was foolish to think Dio wouldn't notice. You cleared your throat and tried to stand up.

"A-ahem, Lord, I'm not very -" your words were cut off by the man standing up and pushing you back down on the chair. Fuck! How would you get out of this now? Unable to choose between telling him and running off, you froze in your place on the chair.

Dio kept staring at you. "Tell me. You very well know I need to know everything." his voice was as dark as ever.

There was no way out of this besides telling him. You would've preferred if you weren't forced to come out like this but there was nothing else to do. You swallowed, trying to calm your nerves. Dio was close to you; you admired him and you had no idea what would happen if you lost him. He wouldn't be disappointed if you told him the truth, right? That you weren't the person he thinks you are?

You looked up at him, fear evident on your face. You didn't want him to think of you differently. You didn't want thing to change. Taking a breath, you thought about how to phrase things. He would understand you right? He had to.

"Lord Dio, I..." you swallowed, looking away, slightly uncomfortable under his gaze. Finding the right words was a bit harder than you thought. "I-I'm no...I'm not a girl, Dio" your last words trailed off, barely over a whisper. There was no response from the vampire which only made it worse. Was he mad at you? Disappointed? You were too scared to look up at him. It was too dark in the room to see his face anyways.

Was he going to accept that fact? You felt as if you were responsible for not being what he wanted you to be. Unable to contain your tears, you sobbed. Just as you were about to run out the room, and away from the vampire, he took a hold of your hand.

Dio, on the other side, was a bit surprised by all this. Of course, he suspected that, since he'd heard about it before. He had no problem with this, and actually felt slightly guilty for forcing you to tell him. But it wasn't anything he couldn't deal with. Yet, his current problem was how to make you calm down.

The vampire thought for a second, not letting go of your hand. "What do you want me to call you?" he finally spoke.

Your sobs quieted down, taken aback from his question. He was alright with this? He won't even going to question it? You looked back at him, still trying to calm down.

"Y...Lord Dio, you have no problem with this?" you spoke quietly. The vampire only nodded. And what he did surprised you the most. He pulled your body closer to his before wrapping his arms around you in an embrace. You'd never seen the man hug anyone before. You felt special for that. And safe. You were safe with him.