𝟏𝟐 | Give me a Day

Start from the beginning

Damon turned her birth-mom, Alaric's ex-wife, into a vampire. The same ex-wife gave Alaric a magical ring that brings him back from the dead like a GTA cheat code.

Alaric had been hunting Damon, which was how the vampire hunter ended up in Mystic Falls in the first place.

They had no idea where Isobel may be, how she had magical doppelganger children, how she got the magical ring, why she had it, and why Damon turned her.

Basically, everything was Damon Salvatore's fault. Aly didn't know if his disappearance was a blessing or a curse with the baggage he had left behind. The idea that a random vampire would suddenly attack her, or that the Council would suddenly murder someone and cover it up again scared her.

So Aly forcefully went on with her life doing nothing, waiting for the moment the pin dropped and blew up in their faces.

She huffed, standing up from her spot. Aly gave her teammates an apologetic look, gesturing to be subbed from the game.

"Are you alright? You've been out of it the entire session."

Maggie shot her a concerned look. Aly winced, wiping her forehead. "I'm sorry, I'm not really having the best week."

"That's alright." Maggie lay a comforting hand on her shoulder. "You should rest up, we'll call you back up later."

Aly nodded, giving Mags a smile. She watched as they continued on with the game, a ball began to form in her stomach. Aly hoped this won't reflect on their upcoming match. She sighed, with her luck, she won't be surprised if something else happened before the end of the year.

She met up with Elena at the end of her practice as her sister had stayed behind as well, watching Stefan play football. Jenna had requested that they go home together whenever they can. Elena wore this stupid lovesick grin on her face every time Stefan would run past her. Aly tried not to frown as she watched them, their home scenario still wasn't the best despite their sit down. Elena and Jeremy have yet seen eye to eye.

"I can't believe you went to Sheila without me." Aly huffed as they began their walk home from school. It was already cold, nearing winter, they both wore long coats. "What did she even say?"

"We tried a bunch of stuff." Elena admitted, "Like tricks on how to learn what kind of witch you are."

"She didn't do that with me." Aly angrily muttered, kicking the grass.

"It doesn't mean anything." Elena sighed, "You were thinking too much of it."

That wasn't what Bonnie told her.

"And guess what? I got the shorter stick. It turns out I am a witch. Though the only way I could use my powers was if I started possessing people."

Aly stopped walking, looking at Elena in shock. "You're a traveler?"

Elena nodded, "Yep. So basically a normal human being, because there's no way I'm ever going to possess someone."

"Jesus." She muttered, "And here I thought my thing was odd."

Elena smiled, "It's alright." she said, "I have the best twin in the world who can use her amazing magical powers."