New Kid

"As soon as I come out giving my speech about how the principal has left, before I go I am to introduce you as the new student."

 Stricklander said to Y/N who was about to answer before she heard a scream. They exchanged glances and headed to where the sound was coming from to see Angor stalking the Troll Hunter while he was fighting one mud giant.

Y/N stood behind the tree, just in case Jim glanced over in their general direction she would be unknown to him. 

Strickler watched as Jim got flung into the goal, his foot armor being stuck in the net. Strickler walked up beside Angor Rot, "I resurrected you to kill the Troll Hunter, not to outsource the job to a golem." Strickler said while Y/N watched the so called Golem.

"He bested the son of Gunmar. Human or not, this hunter is not to be trifled with. The hunt is a game. And when I'm ready to strike, he will know." Angor said crossing his arms and observing.

They watched Jim throw his sword straight through the Golem and through the totem that gave it life. "Let's go." Strickler said to Y/N as he fixed his coat and Y/N followed him.

~

Y/N was standing by the doors of the gymnasium where Uncle Strickler said Jim would enter, and that Y/N should try to talk to him. Who knew her life would come to this? Faking your age and making friends with the enemy. Y/N sighed as she leaned on the wall next to the door.

Y/n then heard panting and running, and to her surprise Jim Lake jr. the Trollhunter covered in mud running her way. This was her chance.

"Wow, are you okay?" Y/N asked eyeing him up and down. "Honestly? No- hey, are you new?" Jim asked pointing at her body. 

"Yeah, I'm new mud man. Can I call you that?" Y/N asked peering. "Also how did you get mud all over you?" Y/N asked looking directly in his eyes. 

" also my name is Jim, not mud man." Jim said before his name got called again. "I got to go-" "Y/N" Y/N finished his sentence. He gave a quick smile before busting open the gym doors and Y/N could even hear the gasps from the hallway.

Y/N grinned and leaned back onto the wall, looking at the ring on her finger. Then Y/N heard chanting from inside and peeked through the window to see them cheering for him. 'What a turn of events.' Y/N thought folding her arms.

"Jim Lake Junior here to present his theme.. Mole Mania!" A voice said as people cheered. 'Two friends, Tobias and Claire. He has a thing for Claire. Both been to Troll Market.' Y/N started gathering information that she has heard before in order for this to work.

"The people have spoken, Jim is the winner!" A feminine voice said on the microphone. "And apparently Claire is the queen, but yes Jim Lake is the winner. Mole Mania is the theme and if I see one drop of mud on my gymnasium floor-- just dress normal." Coach Lawrence said.

"There has been a sudden departure." Coach Lawrence began, and Y/N smirked hearing this. "Principal Levit has taken an indefinite leave of absence. We wish him well. But he sent an e-mail recommending an intern replacement, which we all support. Please welcome, Principal Strickler." Coach Lawrence announced and everyone cheered.

Y/N turned the corner to look inside the gym again to see the shocked face Jim and his little friends. Y/N grinned seeing this take place, they must've thought that he left for good.

"I'm very glad to be back and excited to get started. But let it be known, with me in charge, things are going to change." Strickler said smirking. "And a new student will be joining Arcadia Oaks, come in Y/N." Strickler said as Y/N came in taking in the view.

Y/N winked at Jim then turned around and waved at the crowd putting a smile on her face. "Young Atlas, since you are the contest winner I would appreciate it if you would show Y/N around." Strickler said to Jim as Y/N turned around to face the friend group.

"We would love to, what's your name again?" Toby asked grabbing your hand and placing a kiss on it. "Oh, cool ring. Where did you get it?" He asked as you pulled your hand away quickly. "I got it as a gift from a dear friend of mine from my old town." Y/N gave him a smile as the lie rolled off her tongue.

"I'm Claire, that's Toby and Jim. Welcome to Arcadia." Clarie said doing jazz hands, though Y/N wasn't paying attention anymore as he saw Jim and Strickler glaring holes through one another.

Their plan is going to be perfect.