The Shattered King | Part 1

"A woman like you deserves anything she wants. And what you want is me, as your date to the Spring Fling!" Toby sassed at Mary who was getting something out of her locker. "It's okay, you don't even have to ask." Toby reassured her, grinning. "I'd rather choke to death." Mary informed him, slamming her locker, putting on her headphones, and walking away.

"Ouch, that's gotta hurt." Y/n said from her locker a few down from Mary's. "Her loss, and I think by now I'm immune to rejections." Toby informed her, giving a thumbs up before making his way over to Jim across the court, slamming his head on a locker next to Jim's.

Y/n laughed, making her way over to the two. "Well, I've asked out every single girl." Toby told Jim. "And they all said no?" Jim asked as Toby rambled on about how it wasn't strictly all "no's", a couple "as ifs" and "not in a million years" thrown round and about.

"You actually asked out every girl in school?" Jim asked as Y/n shook her head. "He didn't ask me out." Y/n said, pretending to be offended. "Oh! I'm sorry, hold on, I got you." Toby told her, turning around to fix his face before turning around with a charming grin.

Y/n put up her hand, "I'll stop you right there, we're going." Y/n told him, before walking off to her class, passing Blinky along the way, waving. Stopping, she turned around and raised a brow, continuing to walk slightly.

~

"I've gotta say Unc, I'm not loving us always meeting up in the sewers." Y/n said, picking dirt out of her nail as she gave Strickler a look. "Didn't ask." Strickler said before clearing his throat. "Wow unc, wow." Y/n said amazed, before shaking her head.

"We're going for the Killstone next in the Swamps of Quagawumps." Y/n informed Angor and Strickler. "The Killstone?" Angor asked, looking out the rails of the sewer.

"A remnant of Gunmar's first kill, where he shattered their beloved Wumpa King." Strickler informed, dodging a blade thrown by Angor Rot, almost hitting the goblin in the sewer pipe.

"Sheesh, uncle quick with the reflexes!" Y/n snapped her fingers. "Tame your pet, Y/n." Strickler told her sternly. "Chill with that pet thing, but cool it Angie." Y/n said, folding her hands.

Angor rolled his eyes, "I've heard they are not friendly to outsiders." He said in his raspy voice. "Especially the human kind." Angor emphasized, grabbing his knife off of the pipe.

"Speaking of not being friendly to the human kind, you did not have to push me into the shadow realm Angie." Y/n said, looking him up and down. Strickler quickly turned to Angor. "You do know how dangerous it is in there? And how more dangerous it can be for humans?" Strickler asked, voice rising.

Angor glared at him. "Had to be done." Angor shrugged Strickler off making Strickler grunt in annoyance. "It's all good, I'll let you slide this time Angie." Y/n grinned at him who just stared at her.

"Recover the Killstone." Strickler instructed him in a stern tone, making Angor turn to look at him. "And destroy the hunter." Angor added, playing with his knife. "Now that he is marked, I look forward to takin what is most dear from him." Angor said, putting his blade away before walking away. "As you wish." Strickler said, putting a hand up in dismissal.

Y/n waited for Angor to fully leave before she spoke up. "So uncle, I've been thinking. Since Blinky was doing research about all things pertaining to Angie- Angor. It'll only be  a matter of time before they find the image of the ring." Y/n explained, waving it at him.

"So I'm giving you his soul for the time being." Y/n told him, removing the ring and giving it to him. Strickler looked at it and nodded, putting it on. "Be careful in the Swamps." Strickler warned her as she just grinned.

"When am I not?"

~

The ride to the Quagawumps was bumpy.. to say the least.

On the ride there Blinky informed them that they would sneak in using Toby's resemblance to their dead king to get in, and it worked surprisingly albeit took a bit convincing with Toby doing his "magic" trick.

The Wumpa's started to sing their song as a Wumpa came along beside Jim, Claire and Y/n. "Come, we feast!" The Wumpa said as they turned around. "What kinda grub y'all got down here?" Y/n asked, rubbing her hands together. "Yeah, what's on the menu?" Jim questioned

"Outsider tried to sneak into camp last night. Tonight, we eat it's heart." The Wumpa said as it dragged Claire and Jim along. Y/n almost puked but caught herself, coughing. "I think I'm good." She put a thumbs up at them who turned around and gave her crazed look.

She put her hands up in defense before getting dragged along by another Wumpa to go eat. "Man, only in Ohio." Y/n muttered as she was sat down beside Blinky. "We aren't in Ohio Y/n, we're in Florida." Blinky informed as she lifted a finger to say something but put it back down as the Wumpa's put some little creatures on the table to eat.

"Ah, fresh swamp maggots!" Blinky smiled as he grabbed one and ate. "Ugh." Claire covered her nose, looking at Blinky eat in disgust. Y/n looked around, trying to see if there was any sign of Angor to no avail. She didn't have the ring anymore so she couldn't feel if he was here or not.

Y/n watched as a Wumpa went by, "Excuse me," Y/n raised a hand at the Wumpa who came over. "Yes human?" They asked, waiting for a request. "Can I get some of the chicken the King is eating?" She asked as the Wumpa rolled their eyes and turned away.

"Is that a yes?"
~