Something Rotten This Way Comes

Vendal lectures Claire and Toby for basically giving Angor Rot the key to Trollmarket as Jim defends them saying he should've been the one to go to the school. Jim reasons they still have time before Angor can pull something off and Vendal says that the troll assassin is unpredictable at best. He brings up their kidnapped friend and how he might use her as leverage.

"I know Y/n is alive and well, but she's in a very deep part of the sewers. If I use my staff I could get her easily." Claire explains to them as Jim thinks for a moment. "Angor is probably in the sewers preparing, so now isn't an ideal time. Wait until he's here in Trollmarket." Jim says before they hear a scream from Strickler calling for Jim. They run outside to see a group of trolls who are ready to throw out Strickler. Jim tries to reason with them and tells them that Angor has a horngazaal, which almost gets him kicked out too before Vendal stands on a table telling them they should kick him out too once they're done with the Trollhunter and changeling.

Vendal recalls how many times the Trollhunter has came through time and time again for them and they agree, dropping Jim and Strickler. "What now, our infallible leader?" Strickler asks as he rubs his head. Jim stands up and climbs a few stairs before turning back towards the crowd. "Now, we get ready to give Angor Rot the fight of his life!" Jim says easing a fist in the air as everyone cheers.

Preparations are underway as everyone gets ready to go to war with Angor. Claire and Toby are in the library discussing whether they share with Jim that Chompsky got out the Darklands. Jim overhears this and is happy that Chompsky escaped. Toby clarified that technically Chompsky didn't escape, he got let out to deliver a message. "We knew what we were getting into. When we're done with Angor Rot, we'll find Y/n and then find the last stone. We'll save my brother, together." Claire says placing a hand on Jim's shoulder.

"It's too bad we've been wasting our time collecting stones to kill Gunmar and not Angor Rot." Toby explains before Strickler enters the library holding a book. "Or so you think." He says with a grin. "Maybe you do have a stone. Angie's eye." Strickler announces before coughing, clearing his throat. "I mean Angor." He fixes his sentence, as Toby snorts. Angie Rot.

~

Angor has now updated the lighting in the sewers with a torch he placed down on a pile of rocks. Y/n watches as Angor carves more totems, placing them into a sack. "What are you planning to do with those?" Y/n asks him as he side-eyes her, almost forgetting she was there. "Why would I tell you?" He asks back, as she huffs, crossing her arms. Angor gazes at her, she stares back sadly. Angor huffs, her facial expressions making him uncomfortable. "I won't let anything happen to you." Angor tells her in attempt to remedy her about the situation. Too bad he already let something happen to her, he hurt her feelings. Y/n scoffs, rolling her eyes at him as he frowns, recovering quickly. If she didn't understand how he had an obligation to do this for closure, he'd have to get away from her quickly before she could persuade him not to do carry out his destiny.

And Gods, he knew she could.

"It seems the hunter isn't coming for you. Maybe your uncle told them the treacherous acts you've committed with him." Angor says with a grin. Y/n looks at him as he puts the sack on his back. "I wish things could've been different between us." Angor solemnly says as he turns to leave the corridor. Y/n frowns.

"Me too."

~

The Trollhunters all stand at the bottom of the crystal staircase as they listen to the rumbling. "Is he knocking? Is that some sort of troll war etiquette?" Toby asks as Jim turns to eye Claire, giving her a nod as she nods back summoning a portal and hopping into it. "Uh, did I miss something?" Blinky asks as Jim shrugs him off. "She'll be back with Y/n soon." He says as he pulls out his amulet, getting into his armor.