45- Secret Revealed

"Brother-in-law", All four of them chorused looking at me in shock.

"Why are you all looking so shocked? If you are Sia's friends then you would surely know that she is Tanya's younger sister, making Raghav her brother-in-law", Naina asked in confusion making my situation more worse than it already was.

Maitri looked seconds away from bursting out in anger, while Rudra's eyes showed how hurt he was.

"Oh! It was just a misunderstanding between us, don't worry. We should get going", Jiya said to Naina, calmly handling the situation by not letting her know the turmoil everyone was feeling.

"Alright. Bye", both Naina and her husband left after giving us small smiles.

"HOW COULD...", Maitri started yelling but Jiya stopped her.

"Let's not make a scene here. Sia, I think it's best we talk it all out at your house as it would be the only place where there would be no other spectators", Jiya spoke calmly but her eyes showed that she was anything but calm.

I nodded silently, having no other option than agree.

No one spoke a single word until we reached my house.

"What's going on, Sia? I don't understand why would you lie. I mean who cares if you are Raghav's sister-in-law or sister?", Shanaya asked not understanding why I had to lie.

"I did not lie, legally he is my brother now", I spoke out and that was the truth as Raghav had made sure that I had his surname in all documents so as to not face any problem in future.

"Shit! Did your parents die? Is that the reason why you had to take your brother-in-law's name?", Shanaya asked seeming horrified and others too looked alarmed thinking her assumption was true.

"Oh My God! We are so sorry for getting angry. Seriously....", Jiya started apologizing but I stopped her in between by yelling out, "THEY ARE ALIVE".

I ran my hands through my hairs in frustration.

"Seriously guys? You all have already met my mom. Stop making stupid assumptions", I said already frustrated with the situation.

Damn Naina, you successfully managed to ruin everything.

"You are right. We will stop making assumptions and won't even interrupt  you. So please start explaining, what is going on?", Maitri spoke while trying to control her anger.

"You all said that I didn't need to speak out my secrets, right? Then what changed now?", I asked getting angry.

I didn't want to tell them anything. There was no way I was going to lose them now. Time and time I kept reminding myself to not get dependent on them but look here we are. They have become a huge part of my life and I don't think I would be able to survive if they hate me.

"Don't even think about getting angry, Sia? We never asked you to share anything you weren't comfortable with but lying to us doesn't come in that category. I am barely managing to control my anger so start speaking up before I lose my temper", Maitri spoke, her eyes blazing with fire.

This time her anger had an opposite effect on me. Instead of instilling fear, it increased my anger.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT TO KNOW ? THE SECRET IS A SECRET FOR A REASON.

YOU WANT TO KNOW THE REASON, I WILL TELL YOU MY SECRET.

I AM THE DAUGHTER OF A RUNAWAY CRIMINAL.

NOW GO RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN, RUN AWAY FROM ME", I yelled out my secret and fell down on the floor crying.

"So, you helped your father in crime?", Shanaya asked making me look up at her in shock.

"Shanaya, what are you saying", Jiya interjected but Shanaya stopped her.

"Let me finish. I know everyone thinks I am stupid, but let me finish", Shanaya said stopping Jiya on her tracks.

"So answer my question Sia. Did you help your father?", she asked again.

"No", I spoke out in whisper.

"Were you aware that he was going to do a crime yet you kept quiet?

Did you help him get away from the punishment?

Did you help him to runaway?

Are you still helping him by sending him money so that he can live peacefully?

Do you know where is he, right now? Are you helping him to hide?", Shanaya spoke out all the questions one after the other.

"No no no", I answered frantically while crying my eyes out.

She came towards me and got in her knees so that we were face to face and asked the last question softly, "If every answer is No, then why should we hate you?"

I looked at her in astonishment. I had expected several reactions but each one ended with them leaving me.

"Shanaya is right, Sia. You weren't at fault", Jiya said while coming and sitting beside Shanaya in front of me.

"So you all don't hate me?", I asked in a low voice.

"No stupid", Maitri said before joing us as well.

I turned towards Rudra, who was silent during the whole conversation, "Rudra?", I called him out in a whisper.

Instead of replying he shook his head towards me and left the house.

A lone tear escaped from my eyes while watching the door even though he had already left.