Dance Competition

Nithya's pov

After biding good bye to Swathi I turned towards my street. I felt I was followed by someone. suddenly I turned back, but can't find any one.Something is wrong.

Definitely wrong. With these chain of thoughts I entered my home

. For my surprise Preeti di was sitting there sipping coffee."Di, " I came near her and pull her in a hug. It has been one month since she visited our home. I was really missing her.

"Where is Naveen chettan?(chettan means brother in Malayalam it also refers to brother in law).

"He has some urgent meeting so he left Mumbai" Preeti said .Naveen jeeju is working in a five-star hotel as a manager. "So how was your first day in college" she asked.

"Nothing special, just like school. Boaring speeches." I replied sadly."Nothing like I expected" I sighed heavily.

"What did you expect some intro like karanjohar's films?" Di asked with sarcasm. To be honest , I always dreamed a college life like that. But what to do. Life is so different from Bollywood romantic movies😔.The rest of the day filled with laughters and girls talk.

Next-day
   I was waiting for Swathi at the college gate. Swathy is always a late comer in school and she repeats the same history in college.

She spend most of her time in front of mirror complementing herself. She doesn't need any make up. She is really beautiful not only from outside but also from inside.

My thoughts were interrupted by the horn of a car. OMG! A bnw ! I always have a craze for this car. It is just classy.The black colour makes it more classy. "Whose car is this?" I heard girls whispering.

Just then Swathy hit my shoulder."Hey , where are you lost" she asked ."Oh God! Finally you gave a rest to your mirror"I said and she chuckled. "Come let's go" she said and we go towards our class.

After half an hour the peon entered the class with a notice. The professor examined it and started announcing."Students, there is a intercollege dance competition next week.
Those who interested should give your names to the arts club secretary." I was really happy on hearing that. Iam always obsessed with dancing, but my father doesn't like it. I started studying dance when I was 10, but dad stops paying the fees,so I have to stop it in middle way.

My dad is like an autocrat. Any ways I always wait for the opportunity to continue my dance studies. I think when I become independent i can resume my dancing.

This dance competition is truly a great opportunity. During intervel me, swathy and Rithika give our names for the competition.It is a group dance competition, so we have to find 4 more girls. Fortunately some girls from our own class came forward.

1 week later

    The previous week was so fast, with practices , dress rehearsal etc.Finally the day of competition arrived. There were about thirty colleges participated.

Students from various colleges came to watch the competition. We performed a semiclassical dance performance in a tamilsong.( Please watch the above video, it is such a nice song🥰).
Nithya's look

I was a bit tensed in the beginning, but later all my tension gone when I started dancing

I was a bit tensed in the beginning, but later all my tension gone when I started dancing.We performed well.
Rithika also danced very well, even though she couldn't understand the meaning of the song.

After the performance we got a loud applause.Students from various colleges appreciated us especially boys, and we got the first prize. But the happiness of the day didn't last long.

When we were about to go to our class for changing the dress some guys blocked our way and tries to misbehave with us. They forced to take photos with us and when we objected one of them grabbed my hand.

Swathy slapped him with full force and Rithika called the principal.Soon the teachers arrived and the guys ranaway after threatening us. The day finally ended.

Next day evening when me and Swathi were waiting for the bus the same guys whom we have a fight yesterday came towards us.

But.....
But they are badly injured .They have plasters and bandages allover the body. At first we frightened.But for our surprise they apologized for their behavior. We were confused by their behavior .

Soon the bus arrived and we left there without saying a word.We have no idea what happened to them.But my suspecion
take root deep root in my mind. I have this strange feeling from the first day of my college. That someone is following me.Now iam sure that my doubt is true.